XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

New Member Needs Help with Exhaust, Down Pipe, Tune & Headers

So I'm a member as of yesterday and an owner of a 2013 X5M as of Mon. I have some experience with forced induction SUV's with my last vehicle being a 2008 Jeep SRT8 with a 440 Stroker and a 88mm Turbo. I'm looking for some quick power and I figured this was the best place to start figuring out what I need to do. I realize I won't be able to squeeze 900hp out of the X5M like I did the Jeep but I definetly want to push the bar.

EXHAUST:
Megan Racing-Obv. I like the price and from what I can tell it sounds decent.

Akrapovic-Not trying to spend $6-$7k on a cat back system and I don't need an all Ti setup but like the idea of a X-pipe design.

Any suggestions for something that not only sounds mean but puts down real hp and isn't going to cost me a fortune!

Anyone know any real dyno figures?

DOWN PIPES:
Can't I just knock the cats out of my current set up or trade them for some straight pipes?

Akrapovic-looks like they have another solid product here as well.

Again if anyone has any real dyno #'s or suggestions please share them.

TUNE

Coming from an American Muscle type background I'm not sure who are the trusted names when it comes to tuning. In my limited research it looks like ESS, FabSpeed and PP-Performance are all reputable companies.

Any suggestions here would be great.

INTAKE
Who makes a good high flow filter?

Goals:
Would like to squeeze 700 hp and at least 800 tq out of it but i need to do it safely. I'm not paying to rebuild any more engines b/c I ran to much boost or had a bad tune!

Ideally I would just like to knock my cats out for straight pipes. Delete any resonators or mufflers and just run exhaust tips. I am prepared to spend the money to get down pipes and mufflers if that makes more sense. I also know it will smell and be loud as hell. I'm good with the loud but would rather not stink like gas when i get out of my truck. So high flow cats might be reasonable if they don't rob to much hp. Last I would love to gets some high flow headers. Does anyone run a meth kit? not sure what kind of temps. we are working with.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Especially if they are accompanied by dyno numbers. I look forward to being a contributing member just as soon as I get my bearings. Thanks for your help ahead of time!
Appreciate 0