XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #23
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M6

crazy!
      10-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #24
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3l0n View Post
this is crazy

if m5 gets this m5 should be doing 3.9! wooot!
If the M5 gets the same engine dont be surprised if the 0-60 is the same or worse...remember the x5m and x6m are all wheel drive...launching a 2 wheel drive 500+ ft/ib tq is not gonna be easy.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #25
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
X6M / TL / G37
Skidpad: 0.91g / 0.93g / 0.91g
60-0: 107 / 106 /106
Slalom: 68.6 / 69.2 / 67.8

Those are all pretty close.
These are not
1/4 mi: 12.6 / 15.0 / 13.7

The TL was on Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, which are a pretty good performance tire. But add 1500 lbs to the TL and see how well it performs, even with fatter tires. Or, more relevantly, see how the X6M compares to more direct rivals, Porsche Cayenne and MB ML AMG.
I would not consider the G37 and TL "middle of the road Japanese sedans." These are very accomplished and technically advanced premium-brand Japanese sedans. A Nissan Maxima is a pretty fine Japanese sedan; its performance is considerably worse than the X6M.

That being said, BMW should not be making these monstrosities IMO.
Straight Line speed isn't the hallmark of an M Car. When you compare the M3 to the C63 AMG or the M5 to the RS6, the competition always goes quicker in a line but are a bit behind when thrown some corners.

The TL's PS2's are actually offered with the car, so i think it is only fair to compare it that way and the it has all the luxuries and space you ever need, what is the point of an extra 1500lb (don't get this argument)?

I said middle of the road because both Acura and Nissaniti offer more expensive cars. It would be useless frankly, to compare the Cayenne to this waste of metal, it is an accomplished off roader and the ML has much more space and a properly smile inducing V8 growl (although its perf numbers are a bit poor).

The Nissan Maxima might be an good car but i dont know where it fits in all of this unless you are telling me that all Japanese saloons should be as slow as it is.

Thanks.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Love it!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #27
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Impressive numbers. I love both of the X M's.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #28
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Transmission Type: Six-speed manual
Wait, what?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #29
kahunacanuck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35ix / 2013 335ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Straight Line speed isn't the hallmark of an M Car. When you compare the M3 to the C63 AMG or the M5 to the RS6, the competition always goes quicker in a line but are a bit behind when thrown some corners.

The TL's PS2's are actually offered with the car, so i think it is only fair to compare it that way and the it has all the luxuries and space you ever need, what is the point of an extra 1500lb (don't get this argument)?

I said middle of the road because both Acura and Nissaniti offer more expensive cars. It would be useless frankly, to compare the Cayenne to this waste of metal, it is an accomplished off roader and the ML has much more space and a properly smile inducing V8 growl (although its perf numbers are a bit poor).

The Nissan Maxima might be an good car but i dont know where it fits in all of this unless you are telling me that all Japanese saloons should be as slow as it is.

Thanks.
So based on what you are saying, the X6M is not a true "M" because it is faster than it's competition: M63 & Cayenne Turbo? It is also faster around corners than them too...?

Dude, the X6M is not for you, don't worry about it. If BMW sells lots of X5Ms & X6Ms it just means they can also keep building M3s & M5s & M6s and whatever else they want...where is the harm?

What is with people getting their panities in a twist about this car?

Sold 2011.5 M3 E92 Mineral White/Rust Brown
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #30
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

[QUOT].91g on the skidpad is pathetic. Even the TL does .93 and surprisingly stops from 60 in a shorter distance.[/QUOT]

Considering that the X6 is weighs 1500lbs more and is a foot taller those numbers are an engineering miracle. I'm with Vudu on this one, I'm scared of such a heavy vehicle with such capabilities on the same road as me.
      10-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #31
packinDSS
Lead Foot
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

This should have been the M3 engine.......I BEG BMW TO PUT THIS IN THE next M3
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #32
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunacanuck View Post
So based on what you are saying, the X6M is not a true "M" because it is faster than it's competition: M63 & Cayenne Turbo? It is also faster around corners than them too...?

Dude, the X6M is not for you, don't worry about it. If BMW sells lots of X5Ms & X6Ms it just means they can also keep building M3s & M5s & M6s and whatever else they want...where is the harm?

+1
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunacanuck View Post

Since it has only two competitors and they are 3 and 2 years old, i wouldn't look too much into outperforming them on the road. You are free to compare in a 6-8 months time when the all new second gen Cayenne is released (considering the current one has more uses than the X5/6, i cannot see why that wouldn't send this car packing on all fronts).

I cannot understand the reason for your second sentence, is it to assure me that you know something i don't about how SUV's like these will sell in this climate? There isn't any harm except for quite poor performance numbers and subpar capability. If this would have been an american car (like its only doing straight line speed well suggests), you wouldn't be rushing in to defend its honor and asking me what the problem was.

Plus, am i only allowed to comment on what i like and what is for "me" ?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.

Last edited by blue2fire; 10-07-2009 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #34
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Since it has only two competitors and they are 3 and 2 years old, i wouldn't look too much into outperforming them on the road. You are free to compare in a 6-8 months time when the all new second gen Cayenne is released (considering the current one has more uses than the X5/6, i cannot see why that wouldn't send this car packing on all fronts).

I cannot understand the reason for your second sentence, is it to assure me that you know something i don't about how SUV's like these will sell in this climate? There isn't any harm except for quite poor performance numbers and subpar capability. If this would have been an american car (like its only doing straight line speed well suggests), you wouldn't be rushing in to defend its honor and asking me what the problem was.

I dunno wth you're talking about you're comparing a car to an SUV... Do you realize how retarded that sounds? Is the Cayenne Turbo better then this? I don't think so. Sure doesn't look better thats for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #35
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Blue, the point is that these SUV/SACs are cash cows for BMW. There's a market out there where people like SUVs and have more cash than brains (c'mon, you know it exists). The great thing is that they managed to make these chunks of metal not utter failures.

Recent reviews have it besting the best of the SUVs: the ML63, SRT4 and Cayenne S (or GTS I'm not sure).

Bringing up the off-road capabilities of the Cayenne is a moot point. Who's going to take a $100k+ SUV with street tires off-road? Besides the reviewing industry, virtually nobody. The Cherokee isn't even capable of off-road driving; the underbody would be destroyed it's so low.

If they're not for you, that's fine. They're not trying to force you to buy one. You're obviously not the kind of person BMW and Porsche are marketing these vehicles to.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #36
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

And I do agree that it's not wholly fair to compare the X5/6M to the Cayenne S, or the Turbo, but the GTS is only a year old.

The same can be said for the new RS5 when it comes out. Can't really compare it to the M3, which will be about two years old when it comes out, but these comparisons are drawn anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #37
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I dunno wth you're talking about you're comparing a car to an SUV... Do you realize how retarded that sounds? Is the Cayenne Turbo better then this? I don't think so. Sure doesn't look better thats for sure.
Not an SUV, a Sports Activity Coupé. The point of an SUV is to climb mountains and ford streams, the Cayenne does it and the X5/6 does not, making it a glorified car.

Please don't call stuff whatever you think of without basing your assumptions on their capabilities.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #38
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Blue, the point is that these SUV/SACs are cash cows for BMW. There's a market out there where people like SUVs and have more cash than brains (c'mon, you know it exists). The great thing is that they managed to make these chunks of metal not utter failures.

Recent reviews have it besting the best of the SUVs: the ML63, SRT4 and Cayenne S (or GTS I'm not sure).

Bringing up the off-road capabilities of the Cayenne is a moot point. Who's going to take a $100k+ SUV with street tires off-road? Besides the reviewing industry, virtually nobody. The Cherokee isn't even capable of off-road driving; the underbody would be destroyed it's so low.

If they're not for you, that's fine. They're not trying to force you to buy one. You're obviously not the kind of person BMW and Porsche are marketing these vehicles to.
Good Points. Maybe the X5 M will make for a fast Soccer Mom mobile. Still a quick car.....

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 02:04 AM   #39
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Not an SUV, a Sports Activity Coupé. The point of an SUV is to climb mountains and ford streams, the Cayenne does it and the X5/6 does not, making it a glorified car.

Please don't call stuff whatever think of without basing your assumptions on their capabilities.
Whatever you want to call it its not in the same class as a TL not even by a long shot, so its a dumb comparison anyway you want to look at it. As far as the cayenne well thats not exactly the best off roader either.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #40
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

so much for break-in...only 357 miles on there at the time of testing!

the numbers are awesome.
      10-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #41
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Who the fuck off roads their Porsche, RR, MB, BMW anyway???

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #42
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCe82 View Post
I'd buy one....but not until I had a M3 and a M5. One must prioritize his M purchases
Haha! I totally agree.

I definitely overlooked the 501lb tq @ 1500rpms.
      10-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #43
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Who the fuck off roads their Porsche, RR, MB, BMW anyway???

+1

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #44
E394KEN
M3//4KEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i (Woosh!)

I offroad my Jeep JK Wrangler. Ill kill any X6 that BMW has to offer on a trail. Hehehehe. Its fast, but really I dont get it, other than the engineering exercise itself. I looked at one, non M that is, as a possible upgrade to my DD Jeep, but found it just not that practical.
Appreciate 0