XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

11-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
Nooky
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6M

High flow flap / valve exhaust X6M - any experience with this product?

Hello together,

I am new here - my name is Jeff and I am from Norway. Got my X6M at the beginning of this year and I am ready now for doing some modefications..

Prior to the performance gain and engine modifications I want to change the exhaust..

I do want to leave the valve / flap system still working - so I am looking for a valve exhaust - but with maximum throughput / flow - for best performance.

But I also still need the option to push the button and have it calm (because of my family - my wife would kill me otherwhise )

I googled a lot and found this system here from a manufacturer in Germany.. the system looks very straight - 3" pipes and 3" valves - so if they are open, it goes straight our with the full 3" diameter. Thats what I think is great for my needs.. much bigger diameters than Akrapovic and others.. and the good thing: all four tipps do work all the time.. not only the inner one with flap closed and the outer one with flaps open. Does anyone here have some experience with this exhaust? They made me a good offer with a good additional discount on the list price..

http://www.insideperformance.de/en/x...-stealth_1274/

What do you think?
I would get 19% taxes off an the list price (which is 3950 Euro) and additional 10% off (not sure if they will kill me if I mention that here ) so I am at 2.980 Euro.. which is about 3.200 USD

greetings from Norway and thank you for all your hints!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #2
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Not familiar with the exhaust you mention. However, you could look at Eissenman sport version. The sport has the valves and is much less aggressive sounding than the race version. Good luck.

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #3
Blackland
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X6M  [0.00]
I love my Akrapovic system. Sounds great and it is so much lighter than the stock exhaust. I would go with a cat back system; the stock pipes are heavy, not mandrel bent and have no X pipe.
Appreciate 0