XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

How long does it take to receive an M after order?

I left the question opened ended as to which M because I suspect it differs from model to model. The question initially occurred to me while watching a Youtube vid on a '08 M6 (I think it was 5th gear or something and the driver said it was 8 to 12 months).

It seems that demand will be pent up for the X6 M and am guessing (honestly just a guess) it will take a 6 - 8 months.

It that typical of other M's? I'm guessing not as the other have been out a while.

How far off am I?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
You mean weeks correct? It was a 3 month wait for my dads M6, I think around 10 weeks
      06-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I don't know. I was just guessing based on the youtube vid.

Maybe there was a lot of demand at that time and the normal delivery is much less.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Regular X6 50i I ordered when only brochures were available took 5 months before it arrived at the dealers. I was told I had the second one in Calif, so I think newer models take longer. Not sure there is that much pent up demand.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Regular X6 50i I ordered when only brochures were available took 5 months before it arrived at the dealers. I was told I had the second one in Calif, so I think newer models take longer. Not sure there is that much pent up demand.

Thanks dmlgc

You it's interesting you mention "Not sure there is that much pent up demand." because I've yet to see an X6 on the streets down here in SoCal. How many X6's are they producing, anyways?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I didn't think they were due to show up at dealers until September/October time frame, probably September if you order now.

update: Sorry misunderstood thought you meant X6 M, for regular X6 there is member that is in Hermosa Beach and I know there are a couple in San Diego. I don't think you will see a lot like you would for 3 or 5 series. These are more expensive and a niche car that appeals to particular segment, not that practical for soccer mom that has to haul around bunch of kids and stuff (x5 good for that). Many dealers have waiting lists so it's popular in it's market space.

Last edited by dmlgc; 06-07-2009 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: misunderstood
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Thanks dmlgc

You it's interesting you mention "Not sure there is that much pent up demand." because I've yet to see an X6 on the streets down here in SoCal. How many X6's are they producing, anyways?
Mostly because BMW decreased US production of the X6 significantly and increased it in European countries because demand for the X6 is much higher in European countries and the X6 costs a lot more more as well, thus increasing profits for BMW
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Mostly because BMW decreased US production of the X6 significantly and increased it in European countries because demand for the X6 is much higher in European countries and the X6 costs a lot more more as well, thus increasing profits for BMW
That makes since. I've seen x6's at the dealers, some marked down pretty good. The other thing is about 4, maybe 5 months ago, they were popping up on eBay all the time, now they're few and far between. But some of the other cars I like to watch for aren't showing up there as much either. Often they aren't getting their reserve amounts and don't sell. I chalked it up to a weak economy - maybe with the x6 that isn't necessarily the the case?

Last edited by teagueAMX; 06-08-2009 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
That makes since. I've seen x6's at the dealers, some marked down pretty good. The other thing is about 4, maybe 5 months ago, they were popping up on eBay all the time, now they're few and far between. But some of the other cars I like to watch for aren't showing up there as much either. Often they aren't getting their reserve amounts and don't sell. I chalked it up to a week economy - maybe with the x6 that isn't necessarily the the case?

I remember the ebay ones , never could understand what these folks thought they were doing. The models they had for sale could be ordered from the dealer or in some cases purchased right off the lot for a lot less than they were trying to get. I guess some folks think putting something on ebay automatically increases the price somehow.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #10
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You're right. They must assume people don't comparison shop. I often see stuff on eBay higher or comparable to retail channels, not including shipping. These sellers must assume that people automatically think things are cheaper on eBay and won't bother to double check prices, otherwise they won't waste their time. Maybe some people aren't very good at searching or doing comparison shopping and will buy the first thing they stumble across.

Do you think the x6's European popularity is based on it's style or the all weather utility?
Appreciate 0