XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-30-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Jimmakos
Registered
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Unhappy Air conditioning problem in new X6 3.5i

Hi all,

First I would like to thank this forum and its members since it is my first post here, for they have been a big help while deciding to purchase a BMW X6. However I have to deal with a problem with my brand new BMW.

I got the car 2 weeks ago and the air conditioning never worked. I noticed it right from the first drive and returned it to the dealer to check it out. They verified that the A/C compressor wasn't starting and therefore they were going to replace it. So, a week later they installed the new A/C unit which came from Germany. However the problem still exists. They verified that also and told me that they have begun discussing the issue with the German and American headquarters because they aren't allowed to change anything else on the car without approval.

I should note that I live in Greece so it is a long way from X6's home! Here are a couple of pictures of my new X6. Nothing too fancy, I just wanted this car since its concept!

However disappointment starts to kick in as time goes by and the issue still remains. Dealer said that a possible solution would be to replace the central processing unit. I guess that would be a major repair of my car and I 'd like to know if anyone had similar experience.

Thanks a million.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmakos View Post
Hi all,

First I would like to thank this forum and its members since it is my first post here, for they have been a big help while deciding to purchase a BMW X6. However I have to deal with a problem with my brand new BMW.

I got the car 2 weeks ago and the air conditioning never worked. I noticed it right from the first drive and returned it to the dealer to check it out. They verified that the A/C compressor wasn't starting and therefore they were going to replace it. So, a week later they installed the new A/C unit which came from Germany. However the problem still exists. They verified that also and told me that they have begun discussing the issue with the German and American headquarters because they aren't allowed to change anything else on the car without approval.

I should note that I live in Greece so it is a long way from X6's home! Here are a couple of pictures of my new X6. Nothing too fancy, I just wanted this car since its concept!

However disappointment starts to kick in as time goes by and the issue still remains. Dealer said that a possible solution would be to replace the central processing unit. I guess that would be a major repair of my car and I 'd like to know if anyone had similar experience.

Thanks a million.
Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your brand new car.

Replacing the central processing unit isn't that difficult and not more work than actually having to replace the compressor on the engine as that involves sucking the cooling agent out of the AC system, removing and replacing the compressor and then having to refill the AC system with new refrigerant!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Welcome and congrats on yours X6...Every x6 is fancy!

i hope you will fix you problem and enjoy you car!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Welcome to the forum.
Don't worry about them replacing the central processing unit as Xdrive says this is actually easier than the compressor replacement. For a problem on my car they had to reprogram it and had to get ok from BMW, so this is normal.

Also what part of Greece are you in ? my company has an office in Patras.
Appreciate 0