XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Sport Suspensions option for 2013 X5 50i?

Planning on ordering a 2013 X5 50i soon, but the suspensions issue is bothering me...

After looking around Bimmerpost and other forums, it looks like the X5 50i comes with standard suspensions and the Sports Activity Package is for appearance only. (Love the 20 inch wheels, but hate the fact that it does not come with Sports Suspensions)

I really don't like the M-Sports package's body kit parts so that's not an option, and I don't really feel like getting the Adaptive Drive option either.

Are there anyway that I can order the X5 50i (without M-Sports Pack) with the same Sports Suspensions like BMW put on the X5 35i Sports Activity trim?

If I can't order it as an option from the factory, how much would it cost retrofitting it? What other after market spring/suspensions options would you guys suggest for similar handling/ride?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

If I had it to do over, I would do the adaptive drive instead of the sport suspension. It handles decent, but at the cost of a very choppy ride. Sometimes you feel like u have a bobble head depending on the road surface. With the adaptive drive you get a better ride and better handling.