XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-08-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
Tremek
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V Wagon / 2011 X5M

Show me your drag slips, tell me your mods

So after digging around I'm somewhat appalled at how poor the information is available on these cars in terms of hard, concrete numbers applying to tunes and performance. There's many posts saying "my tune is GREAT" which is then usually followed up with "oh but I haven't dynoed it or taken it to the track." Weak!

So in an effort to understand what's actually worth spending cash on for performance, I'd like to start accumulating real-world testing on these cars in a single thread.

Can you provide:

- One or many drag slips
- A stock vs tuned dyno sheet
- A list of your car's mods

And maybe we can start to understand the difference between the $500, $1000, $1500, $2000, and $3000 tunes? The actual impact downpipes and catbacks make? The scammy nature of all these tunes claiming "100hp/115tq increase!" when they're talking under the curve and not peak is telling of how opaque the performance market for this car really is.

One of the first things I will do with our car is get it dynoed as a baseline. From there, as I make changes, I will also be documenting the impact both on the dyno, as well as at my local drag strip.*

If there's some exhaustive resource I haven't found already, by all means, please point me to it, but thus far all I can find is fluff and postulation. I think hard numbers can benefit everyone. Thoughts? Thanks.

(* I'm in Colorado, and Bandimere Speedway is at 5800 ft, so expect slower times than you lowlanders, but it should still be illustrative of the impact changes make.)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
Tremek
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump. Surely some of you have actual evidence of the improvement your tunes and mods have given you!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
JeST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...t=quarter+mile
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #4
Tremek
Private
United_States
Rep

Awesome, thank you for the link, I didn't see that thread the first time I searched.
Appreciate 0