XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Please Help! Dealer took my production # and gave to someone else!!!

Ok so my car went into the production 04/8/11, friday at 12:45pm. On Monday 04/11 I called my CA to let her know that my car is in production and will be finish on 04/18. She told me "no!" , "your car never entered the production and that will enter in three weeks." I almost argued with her. Yesterday i called 800# again and a lady over the phone told me that the car is in the assembly. Today I called and my car was ready for trucking to the dealer. I called my CA and told her that the car was finished. She stated again "no, your car never entered the production" I started to argue with her over the phone and hung up on her. She called me back and tried to tell me some BS that she gave me somebody else's production number, someones who ordered the car 3 weeks before me. I told her that I don't believe her because I ordered my car on 03/15/11 and two days later she gave me this production #. With that number I registered and when I called a live person at (800#) on 20th they told me that my car was on order and that the order was accepted on 17th for production. I told her that this was the date when she gave me the order number and exactly on the same day, which was the 17th; my deposit money for the car was withdrawn from my bank account. I told her that what a coincidence that out of 600 thousand production numbers you will mistakenly gave me the number that approval for this number's production was accepted exactly on the same date when my money was withdrawn from my account? So you're telling me, that somebody ordered the car 3 weeks before I did and you sent his paper work for build 3 weeks later? I don't believe it, hung up on her again. Now they're telling me that their MANAGER took my production number and changed the car to his specifications to be use as his DEMO CAR!!!!!!!!! I'm like WHAT!!!!!????? you just said and started argument again. They have to call me back

What would you do??? Thank for reading.

Last edited by Glina; 04-17-2011 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Mb23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It's a BM

Switch dealers ASAP. Demand a refund and take your business elsewhere. Where they will value there customers first.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb23 View Post
Switch dealers ASAP. Demand a refund and take your business elsewhere. Where they will value there customers first.
In addition to above, write a letter to BMW Munich Germany, you can contact them through www.bmw.de , no dealer likes getting emails from Munich. Your other option (that would be my choice) is to ask for a loaner for free for the time your car will be delivered later (e.g. three weeks), if they refuse, you do all of the above, I think they will not refuse.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435Xd White

All dealers will do switches with their allocation. Most of the time it goes on below the radar. If you do cancel and switch dealer bear in mind you could loose your deposit and you will almost certainly wait even longer for your x6.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
4.8 E70
First Lieutenant
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Alpina B7

Ouch !!! I would def talk to the dealer in getting a loaner. It's apparent as who comes first in that dealership. Customer is 2nd. Mine just went into production today actually. I hope I don't hear the same thing from my CA once it gets closer to being delivered.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
STIto335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Stop calling and go to the dealership to sort it out in person. Ask to see your order paperwork and theirs to prove what she says is true. If they don't oblige then demand a refund
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

which dealer?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
which dealer?
Orange County BMW. Now they are telling me that my number was already taken by Manager. Then when i placed my order, my sales lady(CA) took that number without verifying it w/management and builded my car on that production number. Basically the manager took his number back Do I believe them, NO but even if they telling me the truth they still should let me keep that number. (IN this case this manager is being selfish and doesn't care about his customer) Today they gave me new prod number that is 6,336 production numbers higher and they told me that it is only one week difference. I really didn't care at this point anymore. I told him that I don'T believe in anything in what they are telling me. I Know that I should get my deposit money and go somewhere else but then I was thinking that it will take me even longer now to get my car, so i told them that I will keep this number if it's only one week difference. They gave me free BMW app 6NR for inconvenience and tomorrow they will let me know if they be able to give me a loaner car since I don't have a contract with them yet

Last edited by Glina; 04-15-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i xDrive Convertible

Glina,

All the above advice makes sense. My advice:

- forget the CA
- Go to the dealer and arrange a meeting with the dealer's owner or at least GM. Get the names. Go back in an hour if they are "at lunch"
- write them a polite letter confirming the meeting with a copy to BMW US And BMW Germany HQs . Put the cc addresses in the letter.
- Meet with them. Bring your paperwork and ask them to map it to their's.
- if its still not clear and they argue, ask for your money back
-if they really assigned your production number to another car build(demo) chances are the options and specs are not to your exact order.
-what is confusing for me is that when you call BMW 800 they usually will only confirm your build when the production number in fact has YOUR name on it. If your name is on that production build at the factory then the dealer is messing with you. Ask for your money back, suck it up and order from a respectable dealer. Tough i know but in the end you will feel better about it.. The option is as stated by someonelse, ask for a loaner while your new production number is being built and delivered.
- tell the slime bags you want to drive the owners Demo while your's is built!."sorry couldn't resist. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #10
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by likecarz View Post
- tell the slime bags you want to drive the owners Demo while your's is built!."sorry couldn't resist. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by likecarz View Post
Glina,

All the above advice makes sense. My advice:

- forget the CA
- Go to the dealer and arrange a meeting with the dealer's owner or at least GM. Get the names. Go back in an hour if they are "at lunch"
- write them a polite letter confirming the meeting with a copy to BMW US And BMW Germany HQs . Put the cc addresses in the letter.
- Meet with them. Bring your paperwork and ask them to map it to their's.
- if its still not clear and they argue, ask for your money back
-if they really assigned your production number to another car build(demo) chances are the options and specs are not to your exact order.
-what is confusing for me is that when you call BMW 800 they usually will only confirm your build when the production number in fact has YOUR name on it. If your name is on that production build at the factory then the dealer is messing with you. Ask for your money back, suck it up and order from a respectable dealer. Tough i know but in the end you will feel better about it.. The option is as stated by someonelse, ask for a loaner while your new production number is being built and delivered.

+1 , the power of the pen is still mighty. do all of the things above and no matter how it turns out complain to BMW mother ship in Munich. Also when you write the letter let them know you are posting your experience on the net ( let the dealer know that you are also posting there name).
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #12
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Absolutely let them know you are spreading the word on this. Will get their attention quickly and they'll go into Damage Control mode.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #13
somonster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda, bmw

evil evil evil evil.
shameful business practice and just plain EVIL

i'm pissed and it's not even my car.

post on the internet. write letters and emails to headquarters or whomever.
stand on the curb outside the dealership with a sandwich board that says EVIL.

no way you shouldn't get your deposit back.
if they altered your build specs and you have to reorder, no reason to stay with Orange County BMW.

evil.

evil evil evil.

i know this post isn't helpful, but just to let you know i feel your pain...

that dealership is EVIL!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
That's not an evil, it's called "fuking a$$hole"

Glina, I hope everything goes in your favor and hopefully in a fast pace
I know you waited for your car such long painful time

I hate dishonest people
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

^^^^ thanks to all of you guys. My car with a new production number, which is 6,300 productions numbers higher then my first one; went into the production yesterday before noon. I'm little excited again Basically, I'm only behind 6 days but I lost a lot of nerves just from dealing with them after that incident. Oh well, it could be worst. I lost 6 days but I got free BMW app and they are giving me 35% discount on any accessories that I will buy later.
I won't deal with them on my next BMW purchase.

Last edited by Glina; 04-15-2011 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
riverbendrats
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6

What is the 800# that your calling. My dealer gave me a production number but when I pull it up online it shows me 2012 X5 30i but my car is a 2012 BMW X6 50i. I've called the dealer a few times and he tells me that the website is wrong. I just have a bad feeling I'm getting the run a round
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #17
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbendrats View Post
What is the 800# that your calling. My dealer gave me a production number but when I pull it up online it shows me 2012 X5 30i but my car is a 2012 BMW X6 50i. I've called the dealer a few times and he tells me that the website is wrong. I just have a bad feeling I'm getting the run a round
800 831 1117, then press #2 for production status. Let me know what's up with your car after you call them.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #18
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:

Actually this is not that uncommon my X6 started out on BMW tracking as a black 335, somewhere along the way it was changed to X6 spacegray.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #19
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i xDrive Convertible

Riverbendrats - Here is some advice....Fonly rely on what the live person on the 800 line tells you. Forget the bmw website for tracking. It's useless, it's wrong 99% of the time and it's about two weeks behind. My2012 X6 50i started ad a 35i and never changed until after delivery last week.. Now it says I bought an X5 48i !!!
I've called bmw customer service at least 3 times about improving the site...all they say is "we know". We should be grateful bmw spends their $$$ on engineering cars and not customer websites.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
riverbendrats
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6

likecarz-- Thanks for the input. I called BMW today and they said that my X6 should be complete on April 21st. Now I have to get on the dealer to get the car to me. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #21
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
likecarz-- Thanks for the input. I called BMW today and they said that my X6 should be complete on April 21st. Now I have to get on the dealer to get the car to me. Thanks again
Same here, April 21st
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
How long is between assigned prod week (let's say W18) and driving the car off the dealership?
Appreciate 0