XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
XBFan
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Greeting from a new member

Hi all~ Greetings from Canada~!

I am a new member here, and I must say I was very excited when I see all the posts and inputs that the members have contributed to the forum! I think this is the best xbimmer site that I have come across! Thanx all!

I really love the X6, and have been trying to go through the threads here. Does anyone know if it is possible to get any discount off a 2009 X6 now? I understand the prices for many models have dropped already, just wondering if anyone manage to get any discount on their 09 X6?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
yyzx6
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBFan View Post
Hi all~ Greetings from Canada~!

I am a new member here, and I must say I was very excited when I see all the posts and inputs that the members have contributed to the forum! I think this is the best xbimmer site that I have come across! Thanx all!

I really love the X6, and have been trying to go through the threads here. Does anyone know if it is possible to get any discount off a 2009 X6 now? I understand the prices for many models have dropped already, just wondering if anyone manage to get any discount on their 09 X6?

Thank you
I've heard from my SA that dealership in Canada will very unlikely to give out good discount to the X6 anymore. You will get good discount for the 3,5,6,7.....but not X6 as it's a vehicle that has the biggest demand (but very short on supply) on the whole line up and thus their biggest profit maker. If you want to assume the lease of a 4 months old X6 (that I've got a very good discount), let me know, I'm thinking to sell it.
      12-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #3
dimitrik
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
I can confirm that even here in France, dealers aren't giving any discounts on the X6. Apparently they really don't need to. I've bought three cars from the same BMW dealer over the years and although he offered me a great discount on the M3, he said they were absolutely not allowed to offer anything on the X6, no matter which model you picked.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

hello and welcome..i need to say that i get a 7% discount and winter tyres 19 inches 232 for free...but i also know some members that get 12%..so it depends how you dealer is capable to deal with problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 07:26 AM   #5
PeTo_H
Private
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: '99 528iA, X6 35i on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
hello and welcome..i need to say that i get a 7% discount and winter tyres 19 inches 232 for free...but i also know some members that get 12%..so it depends how you dealer is capable to deal with problems.
That's pretty good actually. But from what price did you had discount? I mean from the price settled in you date of order (4.4.) or from the changing at the time of delivery? Our prices nowadays are calculated from Euro prices since we will adopt Euro from 1.1.2009 so my point is if still in normal for my to ask for a discount.
And the same winter set is offer to me from the dealer for cca. 2700 Euro. It would be nice having them for free
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
In some countries where big discounting is the 'norm' the RSP is just adjusted to reflect the discount factor. Real comparison is on 'net/net' pricing - (i.e. what did the consumer really pay for the vehicle) and from previous threads on this board I suspect that even with the 7% discount plus free wheels and ti(y)res the cost of the X6 was still higher in Croatia than in other countries.

Cheers, Anteater
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
PeTo_H
Private
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: '99 528iA, X6 35i on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
In some countries where big discounting is the 'norm' the RSP is just adjusted to reflect the discount factor. Real comparison is on 'net/net' pricing - (i.e. what did the consumer really pay for the vehicle) and from previous threads on this board I suspect that even with the 7% discount plus free wheels and ti(y)res the cost of the X6 was still higher in Croatia than in other countries.

Cheers, Anteater
You might be right. My 35i with Sports pack and almost all extras (except for rear entertainment and climate) is 88.095 Euro. Now, is that much in comparison to other European states? I do not know really. But I know that it can not be compared with US prices.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Well in Croatia X6 35d starts with 80800 euros (no extra options)and price of winter set is around 3000 euros.....I know some guys that didnt get any dicount..also prices in US are much lower than in EU,but i think that guys in Nordic countries pay even more than in this part of Eu.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #9
XBFan
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Thank you all for the input...

wow... 7% and a free set of winter tyres... nice~
but it seems like it's gonna be tough to get any discount in Canada...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #10
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

you don't get a discount in canada. u might have gotten an airline voucher if u ordered it during the vehicle's launch back in March.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
yyzx6
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
you don't get a discount in canada. u might have gotten an airline voucher if u ordered it during the vehicle's launch back in March.
I got a 5% discount when I ordered it in May.
      12-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
watoowatoo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 35i X6

I got 3% discount on my order in November and I'll be receiving it by end of Dec. I am pretty happy about it because it's hard to get your hands on one before Feb.
Appreciate 0