XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #23
chennai
Rep
Drives: Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Have you tried looking online. I was using www.cargurus.com for a month to find the best deal and I got this one last weekend.

2011 BMW x5 xdrive50i M-Sport Pk.

For: 30k+2500 warranty+tax
Also it was sell at 38k miles to the previous owner As CPO

Engine: 4.4 twin turbo V8
Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic
Exterior Color: Carbon Black Metallic
Interior Color: Oyster
Gas Mileage: 14 MPG City 20 MPG Highway
Miles: 57000

Major Options:
Adaptive Drive
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package
Head-up Display
Sunroof/Moonroof
Navigation System
Storage Package
Alloy Wheels
Technology Package
Bluetooth
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Climate Package
Rear entertainment package

Good luck

Thank you ! but i'm looking for 2012 X5 d or X5 35i with low miles less than 35k
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #24
chennai
Rep

Now started think about depreciation on used 2012 vs new or lease.

I plan to sell the car at the end of 6 yr warranty. So basically plan to have this car for 3 yrs.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

How many miles do you estimate putting on the vehicle each year?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #26
chennai
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
How many miles do you estimate putting on the vehicle each year?
max 12k miles
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #27
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai View Post
Thank you ! but i'm looking for 2012 X5 d or X5 35i with low miles less than 35k
I didn't said to look for an specific car, just to look online for better deals as I got.
      07-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #28
chennai
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
I didn't said to look for an specific car, just to look online for better deals as I got.
didn't read your message fully
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #29
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

So based on your previous posts it sounds like the most usage will be around 3yr/36k during proposed ownership. That being said you have been looking at spending around $40k for a CPO with low miles. Of course what you need to realize is that what you are asking for comes at a premium. Total cost will likely be around $43-45k including tax. One thing to consider is that maintenance on BMWs usually start around the 50k mark. That being said, even with a warranty you'll likely need to come out of pocket with maintenance expenses such as brakes, bushings, etc. Some of these expenses could possibly be avoided by looking at slightly higher mileage vehicles that have already received the necessary repairs but at someone else's expense. Not only could this reduce that overhead but you'll also be able to score a better deal on a vehicle with slightly higher mileage (about $5-10k less in purchase price). If you total out those expenses that could save you a lot of cash. Fast forward 3years and let's say you pickup a vehicle with around 50k miles, this would put you around 80k miles which really isn't that many miles on a diesel. Diesels with that mileage now are selling around the $25-28k mark so let's just say in 3 years you sell for $20-$23k, your out of pocket could be significantly lower. Of course this is all presuming that you find a higher mileage vehicle with CPO left, otherwise you could always look at route66 warranty. Just some food for thought.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #30
chennai
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
So based on your previous posts it sounds like the most usage will be around 3yr/36k during proposed ownership. That being said you have been looking at spending around $40k for a CPO with low miles. Of course what you need to realize is that what you are asking for comes at a premium. Total cost will likely be around $43-45k including tax. One thing to consider is that maintenance on BMWs usually start around the 50k mark. That being said, even with a warranty you'll likely need to come out of pocket with maintenance expenses such as brakes, bushings, etc. Some of these expenses could possibly be avoided by looking at slightly higher mileage vehicles that have already received the necessary repairs but at someone else's expense. Not only could this reduce that overhead but you'll also be able to score a better deal on a vehicle with slightly higher mileage (about $5-10k less in purchase price). If you total out those expenses that could save you a lot of cash. Fast forward 3years and let's say you pickup a vehicle with around 50k miles, this would put you around 80k miles which really isn't that many miles on a diesel. Diesels with that mileage now are selling around the $25-28k mark so let's just say in 3 years you sell for $20-$23k, your out of pocket could be significantly lower. Of course this is all presuming that you find a higher mileage vehicle with CPO left, otherwise you could always look at route66 warranty. Just some food for thought.
Thank you for your suggestions... the unknown maintenance costs after 4 yrs /50K miles is not helping to make a decision
Appreciate 0