XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
NavM
M-Sport
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Ordering 2012 3.5xdrive with M sport: Dealer says can not order certain options!!

We've ordered a 2012 with M sport package and the following:
Carbon black
Cinnamon Brown
All packages
A few other miscellaneous options.

1st problem: One of the packages we've ordered is the cold weather package which is slightly different from 2011 (it includes heated rear seats). Front heated seats are now standard. Dealer says you can not order this with M sport package because the steering wheel is different (I know this) and you can not get heated steering wheel, so the CWP altogether can not be ordered!! I am almost certain you can based on 2011, except you won't get the heated steering wheel. Any ideas?

2nd problem: Dealer says you can not order Multi-contour seats with M sport package!! Say what?? Because it does not go with cinnamon brown interior. Now this is the 20 way adjustible seats with lumbar and lateral support and not to be confused with active seats (massaging seats) which is only availabe with perforated ventilated black or beige seats.

Any one with similar options who could or could not order multi-contour seats and cold weather package? Is it time to go with another dealer?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
HLP126
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavM3 View Post
We've ordered a 2012 with M sport package and the following:
Carbon black
Cinnamon Brown
All packages
A few other miscellaneous options.

1st problem: One of the packages we've ordered is the cold weather package which is slightly different from 2011 (it includes heated rear seats). Front heated seats are now standard. Dealer says you can not order this with M sport package because the steering wheel is different (I know this) and you can not get heated steering wheel, so the CWP altogether can not be ordered!! I am almost certain you can based on 2011, except you won't get the heated steering wheel. Any ideas?

2nd problem: Dealer says you can not order Multi-contour seats with M sport package!! Say what?? Because it does not go with cinnamon brown interior. Now this is the 20 way adjustible seats with lumbar and lateral support and not to be confused with active seats (massaging seats) which is only availabe with perforated ventilated black or beige seats.

Any one with similar options who could or could not order multi-contour seats and cold weather package? Is it time to go with another dealer?
yep, was told by 2 different dealers on the CWP. I asked for standalone options on heated rear seats, etc too. They said its NOT possible...

As for multi-contour seats, we got black interior, so we didnt have a problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
NavM
M-Sport
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLP126 View Post
yep, was told by 2 different dealers on the CWP. I asked for standalone options on heated rear seats, etc too. They said its NOT possible...

That is interesting news. I could do without CWP since heated front seats are standard and there will be car seat(s) in the back. But I want the multincontour seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
NavM
M-Sport
Rep

Quote:

Forgot to ask, did you go with black interior as part of ZAV package (active,ventilated,perforated seats) or go with standard black nevada leather?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
HLP126
Rep

Quote:
Forgot to ask, did you go with black interior as part of ZAV package (active,ventilated,perforated seats) or go with standard black nevada leather?
We didnt get the ZAV package. I tried ventilated seats on a Mercedes, couldnt really feel the difference... Plus, the Bay Area doesnt get that hot in the summer anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
NavM
M-Sport
Rep

Quote:
We didnt get the ZAV package. I tried ventilated seats on a Mercedes, couldnt really feel the difference... Plus, the Bay Area doesnt get that hot in the summer anyway.
Sorry one more. Is it black Nappa leather or Nevada leather?

Dealer says multicontour seats only come with black and beige which are the only 2 offering in ZAV or Napp leather seat package. Since you didn't get ZAV, then I assume you got Nappa. If you tell me Nevada, then the dealer is full of $...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
HLP126
Rep

Quote:
Sorry one more. Is it black Nappa leather or Nevada leather?

Dealer says multicontour seats only come with black and beige which are the only 2 offering in ZAV or Napp leather seat package. Since you didn't get ZAV, then I assume you got Nappa. If you tell me Nevada, then the dealer is full of $...
LOL, we got Nevada... If I ended up getting Nappa for free, I have no complains!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
NavM
M-Sport
Rep

Quote:
LOL, we got Nevada... If I ended up getting Nappa for free, I have no complains!
Thanks for the info. I've cancelled the order for now until I get more clarification. It would have been week 14 production. 2012 X5 should be on BMWUSA website soon so we shall see.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
NavM
M-Sport
Rep

Now that the 2012 is on BMWUSA website configurator, I was able to build the exact car I wanted. I spoke with the dealer and they were finally able to order the car to based on my specs which was accepted by BMW. So rest assured you can order multi-contour seats and cold weather package with M sport package. Production date is late next week.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
HLP126
Rep

Quote:
Now that the 2012 is on BMWUSA website configurator, I was able to build the exact car I wanted. I spoke with the dealer and they were finally able to order the car to based on my specs which was accepted by BMW. So rest assured you can order multi-contour seats and cold weather package with M sport package. Production date is late next week.
yea, damn, I wish they allowed me to order the cold weather pkg w/ my car. Its too late for me now, the car went into production on Monday... oh well, it doesnt get that cold in Cali anyway
Multi-Contour Seats
Premium Hi-Fi & BMW Apps
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
NavM
M-Sport
Rep

Quote:
yea, damn, I wish they allowed me to order the cold weather pkg w/ my car. Its too late for me now, the car went into production on Monday... oh well, it doesnt get that cold in Cali anyway
Congrats on the car. You should have within 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0