E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N54 Boost Issues

04-24-2024, 01:37 PM   #1
charlese9x
Rep
Drives: E46 320CI, E92 335I

N54 Boost Issues

Hi everyone. I've read a lot of existing articles but can't find any with my exact issue so hoping someone can help. I recently picked up a 07 335i with the N54. Soon threw a 30FE code so replaced solenoids as a potential fix. The car then threw a 30FF so assumed boost leak. I have replaced some worn looking vacuum lines and checked for any obvious leaks but cannot seem to find any.
After taking some logs it appears the car is only targeting 5-6psi and im only producing 4-5psi even at higher loads 4k+. In gear 3 onwards at higher loads this throws a half EML and a 30FF. Does the car only target what the car can make or is it mapped to target 5-6psi by a previous owner? Any other ideas such as possible lose wastegates?

Gear 3 log -> https://datazap.me/u/charlese9x/low-...20-27-28-29-30

Im hoping to smoke test this weekend to find out for sure. I occasionally hear wastegate rattle and other times not. Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 07:00 PM   #2
Cloverdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Jb4 & perf. mods.

Unless you replaced the solenoids with Pierburg you've quite possibly introduced a new issue/or haven't remedied the existing solenoid issue (if you had one). The solenoids can easily be vacuum tested with even a cheap guage. There's lots of new boost solenoids on the market that don't function.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 01:59 AM   #3
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlese9x View Post
Hi everyone. I've read a lot of existing articles but can't find any with my exact issue so hoping someone can help. I recently picked up a 07 335i with the N54. Soon threw a 30FE code so replaced solenoids as a potential fix. The car then threw a 30FF so assumed boost leak. I have replaced some worn looking vacuum lines and checked for any obvious leaks but cannot seem to find any.
After taking some logs it appears the car is only targeting 5-6psi and im only producing 4-5psi even at higher loads 4k+. In gear 3 onwards at higher loads this throws a half EML and a 30FF. Does the car only target what the car can make or is it mapped to target 5-6psi by a previous owner? Any other ideas such as possible lose wastegates?

Gear 3 log -> https://datazap.me/u/charlese9x/low-...20-27-28-29-30

Im hoping to smoke test this weekend to find out for sure. I occasionally hear wastegate rattle and other times not. Thanks for any help.

I had the same issue and replaced with new Pielberg solenoids, new vacuum lines. I also adjusted the Turbo wastegate arm rod (Rear) A feyturns only. There are a few youtube videos out there. Thank to those fellas who made those very helpful videos. I havent has any more issues ever since. No more 30ff codes.

Check your chargepipe too for punctures . Lets see what you get with the smoke test. Good luck 👍
Appreciate 0