XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #23
xtahoex
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 M Alpine White

JB4

I have seen you posting around in other threads and saw that you had a JB4 installed. I am interested in one for my '10 X5 M and wanted to get your impressions of it. Can you give me any advice? I am looking at either the JB4 or a Velos tune.

Thanks,

Ryan
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #24
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Yeah, I've been buried in work and haven't been able to work on this thread. I think about it every time I log on, sorry guys lol.

I've never run the JB4 on a stock flash, so I can't say for sure how it feels, how well the JB4 will allow for adjustment being a stock flash, etc. I'd almost wanna tell you to go JB4 before a tune since a user here got an 11.7 in the quarter mile while pushing 20psi and running E30, but then again his trims were maxed out doing so, which is an issue in itself. Maxed out trims aren't something someone can run everyday, yet I run 20psi everyday without issue.

No one really makes an official BEF only for the S63 vs multiple people who sell actual tunes. If you're looking to go tune only, I'd still suggest going to Halim / HC Performance since he's way better priced than these big brand tuners.

Long story short but my Halim said I'm not going to need the JB4 (much the same for M5 guys since they've all evolved past the point if needing one) for my planned mods, so it may be for sale once I get his readjusted tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #25
xtahoex
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 M Alpine White

Great info. I read your thread on another board about your experience with the JB4 and it made me a little skeptical about it. The two main reasons were that it looked like Berger left you without much support, and I live in California where Berger is located but, they don't sell to Californians and I'm sure that would be a reason not to provide me with tech support and tuning assistance.

I had never heard of Halim and HC Performance before your post. I just found an email address for him and shot him an email... so, thanks for that. Do you have any other contact for Halim like a phone number? Based on his e-mail address he is not in the US, can you explain the tuning process with him?

BTW sorry for the thread jack.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #26
BMW-SRT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63sAMG, GLC63sAMG, x5m, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtahoex View Post
Great info. I read your thread on another board about your experience with the JB4 and it made me a little skeptical about it. The two main reasons were that it looked like Berger left you without much support, and I live in California where Berger is located but, they don't sell to Californians and I'm sure that would be a reason not to provide me with tech support and tuning assistance.

I had never heard of Halim and HC Performance before your post. I just found an email address for him and shot him an email... so, thanks for that. Do you have any other contact for Halim like a phone number? Based on his e-mail address he is not in the US, can you explain the tuning process with him?

BTW sorry for the thread jack.
Contact Mike at extreme power house http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=216704
he can get you the jb4, meth, etc... if you live in Cali.
I live in Cali and he was able to get me the BMS meth kit for my Pure Stage2 turbo 335.
Appreciate 0