XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
Dana
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5

X5 idrive issues

Help! I have a 2007 X5. I recently replaced the final stage unit and blower fan. I disconnected the battery to do the work. But when I re-connected the battery and turned the car back on the iDrive started acting up. Usually when I turn the vehicle on everything works. But then the radio starts cutting out. Sometimes the backup camera stays on, sometimes the BMW screen stays on. Any ideas what could be happening? I tried disconnecting the battery again and left it disconnected overnight but that didn't work. Could I have gotten a faulty FSU that would be messing up the iDrive? Or did I loosen some wires when installing the blower motor? Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably going to trade the car in when I get this fixed....
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
slobo7x
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 550 F10

Hi,

Your blower and FSU are under the passenger glove box correct?

There is really nothing there that would cause those issues, you only disconnect wiring for the light, I did mine with the battery on.

Did you drive the car a while to see if the issues go away?

Disconnect your battery for a few hours, leave all of your windows rolled down, to fully reset the car.
Appreciate 0