XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #45
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Not to sound impatient but where are the 'better' photos? I really want to order but want to see daytime high quality pics. please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Good news everyone: We have confirmed that the next batch of LUX H8 V3 WILL FIT the X5m, X6 and X6m

Everyone can now place orders and we will also get install instructions posted up shortly once we receive our parts in. Here is a picture of our x6 headlight ( sorry its bad quality, better pictures to come...)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #46
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Not to sound impatient but where are the 'better' photos? I really want to order but want to see daytime high quality pics. please!
I am also waiting for better pictures to place my order. I literally have my credit card on stand by
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #47
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

I ordered them sight unseen the first day they posted that they worked. I had Lux H8 pre-V3s on my '11 E70 and they were awesome day and night. Not as good as the few new '12 X5s I've seen, but certainly more than visible in daylight.

My office mate, who only sees my car in the daytime asked me once when we passed another X5 why their headlights weren't as pretty as mine. So -- totally noticeable even by the 'uneducated general population' too (about LED headlights, not in general of course).

I can't see how they would look different on an X6 than an X5, or that the V3 would not be as good as the pre-V3. So I'm going for it! I can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #48
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerrantoss View Post
I am also waiting for better pictures to place my order. I literally have my credit card on stand by
the pictures will look the exact same as thee headlights on a X5's, and we have a bunch of photo's of the X5. I was away all weekend but i will try to get more pictures early this week.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #49
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

Agree with previous statements about seeing pics with LUX and stock side by side.
As above, credit card in hand..........waiting
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #50
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

another picture of the LUX H8 V3 in a X6 headlight :::

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #51
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Quote:
another picture of the LUX H8 V3 in a X6 headlight :::
Looks excellent. I have already placed my order yesterday without seeing the picture. Now I really can't wait to get it!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 03:38 AM   #52
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Recieved and installed mine LUX H8 V3. And the verdict is............"THE BEST LED ANGEL EYES REPLACEMENT!" Seriously guys/gals, I've tried Piaa LEDs, Piaa Bulbs, GP Thunder, and Weislecht. None of them is good as LUX! I am now a happy man! This is the only bulb that pretty much matchs the new OEM LED Halos. Other setup leaves you wanting more, not LUX.

One note, you will not get the outer ring to "shine" equal as the inner ring when you view it head on from center of the car because of how BMW design the optics of the outer halos compare to the OEM LED halos. You'll only get the outer halo to "shine" when you walk around the front of the car. This is not the fault of the LED, it's just how the optics of the halos are designed. But LUX compensates for this as best as it comes. LUX is the Best choice. Bar none!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #53
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
How long it took you to install?
No tools right?

Oh, and
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #54
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I know. No pic. I am too lazy to set it up for the complete comparison between the bulbs in the hot summer heat Plus there are too many variables to present the light in a photo. I've seen Piaa bulbs that looks just as bright in a photo, but it's disappointing in person.

It took about 15 min to install. No tools. Lux is the best. I've yet to personally experience anything better out of all the brands I listed. No, it's not as bright as the OEM, and that is not saying it's bad. But it's for sure not dark and dim like the others and is very bright in it's own way.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #55
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Forgot to say that LuxAngelEye's photos do represent the color and brightness pretty spot on vs real life.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #56
somonster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda, bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
How long it took you to install?
No tools right?

Oh, and

INSTALL NOTES: Actual install about 2min each side. If I wanted to, I could swap out for the original bulbs in less than a minute after my modification.
Took me about an hour because I had to modify the orange gasket.

MODIFICATION:
MODIFY AT YOUR OWN RISK, MAY VOID WARRANTY??
The orange rubber ring was WAY too thick and I couldn't screw in the bulb assembly (and I have medium size hands and skinny fingers).
I estimate you need to rotate the bulb around 35-40degrees or so, and I couldn't get it more than 10degrees tight with all my might. I ain't no he-man, but I ain't no weakling either (or so I like to believe). I tried pliers but didn't have enough room to maneuver.
I ended up taking the orange ring off, shaving it down a little, and reattaching it with silicone sealant (good up to 350°F according to the package, but all it really has to do is hold the gasket in place during installation).
To slice the gasket, I slid it over a little plastic cap (WD-40 may be good, I got mine off a can of aerosol silicone lubricant), then carefully sliced it with an X-acto. I took off about 1/4 - 1/3 of the thickness of the gasket. If you try, I'd recommend taking off less rather than more.

In the attached photo, I'm holding the slice I remove. The second gasket is on the red plastic bottle cap, ready to be sliced.
After modification the bulbs screwed in snugly with just a little more effort than the stock bulbs.

FUNCTION:
OVERALL IMPRESSION: AWESOME. I haven't done a side-by-side with OEM LED halos, but I'm pretty sure the LUX set could pass for OEM. I wouldn't want the halos to be any brighter because they are already clearly visible during the day and might start to get a little blinding to other drivers at night.

BRIGHTNESS: To me, looks maybe a hair brighter than the stock halogen bulb. Maybe the color temperature makes the light look more intense, but I certainly don't feel like I lost any brightness.

COLOR: a nice clean white WITHOUT appreciable blue/green/yellow tint

DISTRIBUTION: EXACTLY the same as stock. During the daytime, the inner ring is obviously brighter than the outer ring from most angles, but the rings are evenly lit and clearly defined. BOTH RINGS LOOK EQUALLY BRIGHT AT NIGHT for some reason. See photos for daytime comparison.

If you're looking for a cosmetic upgrade to white halos, I recommend LUX without hesitation.
Count me a very satisfied customer.
THANKS, Mr. LUX!!!! (Mark?)
Attached Images

Last edited by somonster; 07-24-2011 at 01:09 AM.. Reason: update observations
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #57
Jimgibbs
Rep
Drives: Non

I would like a set for 2012 X6m please.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by somonster View Post
LUX's last post states that his lights fit the X6, then no follow-up note to clarify that the information is incorrect.

Before this I was just waiting, but now I'm confused as well...

update please from Mr. Lux???

anyone? anyone?
We have an X6 headlight now and we are making the modification right now. Once i receive a final update from my machine shop we will be posting new information and orders for X6's, X5M's and X6M's can begin
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #58
Tatuaje
Registered
Rep
Drives: '11 X6 50i

I installed a set on my x6 yesterday. Couple suggestions i'd make... the rubber ring from the oem bulb didn't come off with the bulbs, so remember to remove it from the housing. That could save you a few minutes trying to install the new bulbs.

As far as the new rubber ring, it is a pretty tight fit. I was able to get them in and turned only a small amount. If you turn the lights on, you can look into the bulb and see exactly how much farther you need to go. I used the same technique i used when i installed mtecs on my e65 7series. Obviously you need to be very careful, but you can fit channel locks around the housing of the bulbs and slowly turn them into place. I'm sure its not the most desired method of installing them, but if you're very careful, the channel locks made it easy to lock the bulbs into place without modding the oring.

Overall, i'm very happy with how they look. I'll get some picks up eventually.
Appreciate 0