XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Starting to get second thoughts

I love speed... That needs to be said first before anything else...

Since I leased my last car I have done very well for myself. Thankfully, after a lot of hard work, I am able to afford a home for my fiance and I, and a new X6. I just placed an order on 50i with performance upgrade and all the options I wanted. Now, I sit here, thinking should I have just ordered the M instead? Would that have fit my wants better?

I got a very good deal on an '10.. over 5k off msrp. All said and done i got the car in at around $1050 a month with 0 down and ridiculous 8.875% tax all in that price. Which to me feels great and looks even better considering when I looked at a 35i about 7 months ago they quoted me a price of $1425 for a leftover with options I didn't even want.

I am looking over what an X6m would price out at and it is somewhere around 90k. There is no special offers right now for the X6m and I am somewhat sure the lease will not be very pleasing, but I can't help but wonder if I am gonna have the 50i and wish i had gotten an M.

Is there anyone out there that has made the switch to the M that can provide me with some insight?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

In my humble opinion there is no place other than Germany (Auto Bauhn) and the track to really take advantage of an ///M.. the 5.0 sounds and feels amazing. I have not driven the M version but just giving you a quick idea..
      10-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
kahunacanuck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35ix / 2013 335ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
In my humble opinion there is no place other than Germany (Auto Bauhn) and the track to really take advantage of an ///M.. the 5.0 sounds and feels amazing. I have not driven the M version but just giving you a quick idea..
So why didn't you buy the 530i instead of the M5?

It isn't that you are going to speed any more with the x6M over the X6 50...that thing is too fast already. I think if you are having second thoughts, you should change it now, or you will regret it whenver you get in the car. Sorry, i am one of those people that thinks you should go for it if it isn't going to make that much difference anyways.

Sold 2011.5 M3 E92 Mineral White/Rust Brown
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

How were you able to get that payment??? is it a lease or buy cuz i bought mine and i put 20G's down and my payment comes out at what you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I love speed... That needs to be said first before anything else...

Since I leased my last car I have done very well for myself. Thankfully, after a lot of hard work, I am able to afford a home for my fiance and I, and a new X6. I just placed an order on 50i with performance upgrade and all the options I wanted. Now, I sit here, thinking should I have just ordered the M instead? Would that have fit my wants better?

I got a very good deal on an '10.. over 5k off msrp. All said and done i got the car in at around $1050 a month with 0 down and ridiculous 8.875% tax all in that price. Which to me feels great and looks even better considering when I looked at a 35i about 7 months ago they quoted me a price of $1425 for a leftover with options I didn't even want.

I am looking over what an X6m would price out at and it is somewhere around 90k. There is no special offers right now for the X6m and I am somewhat sure the lease will not be very pleasing, but I can't help but wonder if I am gonna have the 50i and wish i had gotten an M.

Is there anyone out there that has made the switch to the M that can provide me with some insight?
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
I would say get what you want. Especially when leasing. Either way, you won't regret it.

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85

agree with sandmanTR ... i got the M cuz i wanted the M ... didnt care the speed of a 5.0i is close or not .. i want the M button and thats how i decided
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by charcoalwan View Post
agree with sandmanTR ... i got the M cuz i wanted the M ... didnt care the speed of a 5.0i is close or not .. i want the M button and thats how i decided

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
How were you able to get that payment??? is it a lease or buy cuz i bought mine and i put 20G's down and my payment comes out at what you mentioned.
Lease.. In my limited experience I don't like owning a car for longer than 3 years or so. I lease through my company and i get a limited write off. I know the arguments on both sides regarding leasing/buying and the associated tax ramifications. The lease requires much less up front and I don't look at cars as an asset since it depreciates and nothing will ever change that. If I didn't have the company I would probably finance the car and look towards owning it. But the only thing I am interested in buying is garbage trucks, not cars.

Yeah, it was a great deal on the lease and that is why I am weary of going towards the M. I appreciate everyone's input and I value it. Thank you to those that responded.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I think in either car when you put your foot down you will have more power than you can deal with unless you're on the track. Since I just buy cars can't comment on the lease stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
dcubes1
Registered
Rep
Drives: e46 '04 M3vert imola on imola

consider the deal u got! IMO it is a very good one, you may not get that kind of deal again especially on an x6M. Just something to think about. G/L
Appreciate 0