XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

S drive - only map is changed?!

The engine revs up faster and noisier in S mode. .which is normal for a sport mode. But I noticed that engine brake is stronger, and downshifting gives a much more noticeable inertia to the car and pilot/passengers (mostly when downshifting to 2nd gear)All this car jerking is fine for me (when in the mood) but passengers don't usually like this. Also, noticed that foot brake is stronger. Is it me, or the brakes get more aggresive in S mode? Never drove a Beammer before, maybe you are used to that, but was so pleased to find this out. D is smooth, S is aggresive, not only on gas and RPMs. . .but also on brakes.

PS: Never ride in S mode, if girlfriend/wife/kids feel sick or have headaches or are just dizzy.

PS2: Any idea what's the MPG in S mode for the 35D?!

PS3: Why is the engine noisier? The second exhaust comes on only in S mode? Any flaps on the exhaust sys that open up in S mode?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

If I need to turn quickly, I always shift to s or m2, so that engine is ready to pull car thru corner. Force of habit from driving manual shift sports car years ago.like riding bicycle u never forget once u learn to balance on it.
Appreciate 0