XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

My first long trip with the Panzer!

Going to Czech Republic for a week, ,, to Prague (of course, first time) and to Brno, to ride my Gixxer on the GP track. Just anxious to see how the Panzer works on a 2,600 km round trip.

PS: Too bad I don't know any Czech X6 owner, to share some experience and a couple of Czech premium beer jugs.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
srle
Rep
Drives: BMW e46 330Cd

hallo from prague!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srle View Post
hallo from prague!
Hello srle.

Got back. Great weather (26 deg. Celsius). Never had such a smooth ride in my life. . the X6 is a space Panzer shuttle.

Prague is gorgeous (mostly when you watch it from your hotel balcony on Vaclavski Namesti, at night). Great castle, gorgeous weather, lots of tourists, beautiful hotel Jalta.

Will get back with pics. Dead tired now. Entered home one hour ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
mitch_e90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

akraptor, I see you' re from Romania.

I plan a summer trip through Eastern Europe, and I will also stop in Bucharest and Mamaia. I also plan to visit Prague, so I' m waiting for your pics and comments!

How are the roads in Romania or the Czech Rep? Last time I was in Bucharest it was in 05 and there were a lot of potholes, roads were garbage and I' m afraid I' ll destroy my rims and my runflats during my trip. What do you think?

And btw, can' t wait to be there, women are gorgeous in Romania , you guys are the luckiest men in Europe!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_e90 View Post
akraptor, I see you' re from Romania.

I plan a summer trip through Eastern Europe, and I will also stop in Bucharest and Mamaia. I also plan to visit Prague, so I' m waiting for your pics and comments!

How are the roads in Romania or the Czech Rep? Last time I was in Bucharest it was in 05 and there were a lot of potholes, roads were garbage and I' m afraid I' ll destroy my rims and my runflats during my trip. What do you think?

And btw, can' t wait to be there, women are gorgeous in Romania , you guys are the luckiest men in Europe!
Hey Mitch,

PM me before coming to Romania. Glad you know about Mamaia.

Roads are ok, just be careful in the cities. . some occasional potholes and bumps. What rims you have?! You won't go flat here unless you drive offroad. There are thousands of expensive cars around and never saw one with a flat.

I also plan to go to Mamaia in the summer. . .even though I have a girlfriend now.

I won't give you my hi5 address right now to see all the girls on my "friends" list because I don't want to disturb you so many months ahead of your trip.

PS: Roads in Czech Rep are fine, but on the highway from Brno to Prague they have endless ribs on more than 60% of the road (on the first lane) that are really annoying. . .Don't know wtf is that but pissed me off big time. .girlfriend was sick from a gas station sandwich and the ribs where just aggravating. .
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #6
mitch_e90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

thanks for the info akraptor.

I have an E90 and with 18' MSports, and I have to be very careful with potholes, every time I hit one it feels and sounds like a wheel is about to come off So maybe I' ll fit my other set of 16' rims.
I test drove an X6 3.5d, it was on 20', and it was a lot smoother, even with the bigger rims. Superb car.

As for knowing Mamaia, yeah I know the country, I also speak romanian so for me it is always fun to get there as I can speak the language and it' s still bloody cheap in comparison to other countries. I used to go out to Club Bamboo in Bucuresti, but last time I went there, in 05, it had just burned and it was closed! And I was sometimes eating at that restaurant called "Ca la mama acasa", the one near Sala Palatuliu. Man how much fun I used to have in Romania

And waiting for your Prague pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Hehe, they rebuilt Bamboo. . I will post some pics from Prague.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #8
michal12
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 M40i

You drove in the right lane?

Fast (left) lane is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
Hey Mitch,
PS: Roads in Czech Rep are fine, but on the highway from Brno to Prague they have endless ribs on more than 60% of the road (on the first lane) that are really annoying. . .Don't know wtf is that but pissed me off big time. .girlfriend was sick from a gas station sandwich and the ribs where just aggravating. .
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal12 View Post
You drove in the right lane?

Fast (left) lane is much better.
You bet I stayed on left lane as much as possible. But I tried to be correct and drive on the right lane, and use the left only for passing (like in Germany). But realized it's useless. Most other cars where driving only on left lane.

Michal, what's the point with the ribs on right lane?! Slower Czech car owners need a kidney stone treatment?! The ribs are left on purpose?! That's sadistic!! Punishing the slower drivers and forcing them to go faster on the left lane. . .doh.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2009, 05:35 AM   #10
michal12
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 M40i

Well you know the answer already. Ifrastructure reconstruction costs are enormous. The highway is excessively used by heavy trucks which destroy the surface. There should be a law against it. E.g. all Q7s and Cayennes produced in VW plant in Bratislava are transported not by train but on trucks via this D1 highway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
You bet I stayed on left lane as much as possible. But I tried to be correct and drive on the right lane, and use the left only for passing (like in Germany). But realized it's useless. Most other cars where driving only on left lane.

Michal, what's the point with the ribs on right lane?! Slower Czech car owners need a kidney stone treatment?! The ribs are left on purpose?! That's sadistic!! Punishing the slower drivers and forcing them to go faster on the left lane. . .doh.
Appreciate 0