XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
Fango
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2012

Lost dash illumination after coding

Hi guys, have a 2012 40d that used to run the instrument lights with my DRL. Did a couple of basic changes to the coding (video in motion, tailgate closure via fob) and now the option for daytime illumination has disappeared. Lights work when auto lights switch on in the dark or if manually switched but otherwise they stay off. DRL are still as they were. Contacted BimmerCode support...they said that the dash illumination doesn't come on with DRL but clearly mine has been doing so since I've owned the car so no help there. Tried the back up but it seems that option got corrupted or something as it just won't return. Any thoughts ?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
daniel717
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35i

2012 35i and my dash lights do not illuminate with the DRL's. I keep my lights on auto, and often the only way I know my headlights have switched on is by seeing the dash lights flick on.
Appreciate 1
Fango0.00
      07-25-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
Fango
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2012

Thanks for the reply daniel717, I had assumed the way mine were set up prior to my coding attempt, that permanent illumination was normal. It seems this is not the case. I'm second owner of this vehicle so I guess the original owner had it programmed. I realise it's a minor thing but it's something I'll miss after having had it. 😬
Appreciate 0