XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

View Poll Results: What colour X6 35d should i choose?
White 18 64.29%
Red Metallic 5 17.86%
Grey 4 14.29%
Silver 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

04-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #23
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

This one is hot, too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #24
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Yes, there are a ton of VR, as you put it, including the new X6 M launch. It's a great color, don't get me wrong. Maybe I see white everywhere because that what I like - LOL. But you note that I said ". . . magazine articles, etc. were white."

Just now I did a quick search and found no less than 5 blogs, magazine reviews, etc. of white ones.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...E57EtAOnkNihDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...GJO6sgOiiuSJDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...EIvosgOT-rCiDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...EIvosgOT-rCiDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...I6LYswPSiqCcDg

I'm sure I found more previously. But also, this search:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...art=72&ndsp=18

Looks like white and VR are just one of the many colors ppl like. Like I said, I like white and maybe that what I see even though I thing the next best is the VR.
Well, I think you managed to probably find all the white X6 pictures via google just kidding

Anyway, now there are a lot more pictures of the X6 in different colors out there (including chocolate brown as we found out just a few days ago )

When the X6 was first introduced, the primary color seemed to be Vermilion Red, you could also see a couple of this light blueish version that the hybrid was based on and a couple of metallic black ones that they used for some of the early renderings/concept cars. Those usually had the smaller more sporty looking exterior mirrors and the glass side windows appeared as if they were one piece. All this has changed over the past year and a bit....

Personally I like the white as it looks very classy.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #25
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Sorry, I forgot the mention that the red X6 you attached to post # 19 is the X6M and that's a different red, that's NOT vermilion red!!!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #26
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
+1

For white, I prefer the blacked out black kidney grills.

This is a concept image but it's cool none the less.
I think that's a picture of the X6 hybrid concept car if I am not mistaken!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #27
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Sorry, I forgot the mention that the red X6 you attached to post # 19 is the X6M and that's a different red, that's NOT vermilion red!!!
I wondered about that - it could be the filters they used in the the photo.

It looks like they may have used a couple of different reds that aren't on the web site - the only red I see there (as you know) is VR. Looks like they may be coming out with a new red for the M? How often do the concept colors translate to production?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I wondered about that - it could be the filters they used in the the photo.

It looks like they may have used a couple of different reds that aren't on the web site - the only red I see there (as you know) is VR. Looks like they may be coming out with a new red for the M? How often do the concept colors translate to production?
I think this may be Melbourne Red Metallic as offered on the M3 models ?!?

As this appears to be the launch color for the X6M, I would assume that you will find this as the primary color in the sales brochures for the X6M (just like VR was for the X6).
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #29
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I like VR, but that red would make a really tough decision between it and white.

And yes, I was aware the blueish-silver x6 was not a standard model. The bumper fascia is a real giveaway, along with the hood bulge, mirrors, smooth running boards, slick roof rails, pillar-less side windows, and I'm sure there are some other other clues as well.

I've been collecting images - I must have hundreds by now & some are dups, but it's my way of really getting into something like the x6 once I latch onto it. So, it's fairly easy to pull up something when I was making a point about the different colors.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #30
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I like VR, but that red would make a really tough decision between it and white.

And yes, I was aware the blueish-silver x6 was not a standard model. The bumper fascia is a real giveaway, along with the hood bulge, mirrors, smooth running boards, slick roof rails, pillar-less side windows, and I'm sure there are some other other clues as well.

I've been collecting images - I must have hundreds by now & some are dups, but it's my way of really getting into something like the x6 once I latch onto it. So, it's fairly easy to pull up something when I was making a point about the different colors.
Same here

Although since I changed my order, I don't really need that collection of X6 images anymore...

Anybody need a collection of X6 images... hehehe

If anyone is interested, I have a ton of high res images (1920 x 1200) of different X6 configurations that show the car in 360 degrees (36 images @ 10 degree increments).
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #31
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Humm. . . 1920 x 1200's . . . sounds interesting.

Actually, I think I've got enough - LOL.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #32
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

White is the best color for visually managing at best comfort level all views of the X6 (some views at diff. angles are not so sexy) . In white, X6 seems bigger. In all other colors (even though black or white are not, technically, colors) the shape of the car is getting a bit blurred at edges (mostly from behind).

PS: And all this just because white is so rare, in nature. With the exception of wintertime. . when snow is around.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #33
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
White is the best color for visually managing at best comfort level all views of the X6 (some views at diff. angles are not so sexy) . In white, X6 seems bigger. In all other colors (even though black or white are not, technically, colors) the shape of the car is getting a bit blurred at edges (mostly from behind).

PS: And all this just because white is so rare, in nature. With the exception of wintertime. . when snow is around.
I don't have the technical background to analyze the color as you have, but I find it very interesting, regardless.

Being very practical, white is an easy choice for almost any car, and it is the most popular color out there, bar none. The other side is that most often white isn't the color for sports cars or for really bringing out a cars lines; although there are a number of cars that look really good in white.

Red, yellow or black are very intense and are great for sports cars. But in this case, after seeing the car in metal, as I have, white does a fantastic job of making the x6's line really pop. That's why I'm anxious to see the M in white to find out if that holds true or if red does a better job.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #34
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Wink white or Red

Guys,

Thanks for all the input to my qs, loads of analyzing has been done!

When I wrote this post, I had only seen the red one. So last weekend I went to a bigger delaership where they had a WHITE X6, and I expected it to help me choose.

Well it hasnt been easy. Here's my conclusion:

When u look at the White X6 from a distance it looks amazing. The car looks huge and u see all the lines and small parts of the car that you never saw in the darker colours. You appreciate the curves and lines of the car much more in white.

i can imagine though that on a very bight sunny day, some of the curves like the back fender may be less visible at certain angles. But then again the back fender is so huge, its hard to miss!

Now something strange happens when you get closer to the car. When standing right next to the car and looking closely at the white color it hits u that the white is really nothing special. It is (or looks like) the same white used on a ford transit van! There is nothing remarkable about the white colour at all. nothing special.

In contrast there was a new 7 series standing next to it also in white, but it was metalic white (pearl white metalic) - and that color looked deep, rich, soulful and with character. U can enjoy such a color by just looking closely at it, or from a distance.

Thus in contrast, the RED is a very beaitifull color to look at up close. Its metalic ranges and shades are lovely. From a distance, it is beautifull as well, but mostly during the day in good weather when it shines while the white is beautiful from a distance day or night.

This is my conclusion, and it makes it obvious that both red and white have some advantages. It hasnt yet help me choose, but brought me closer to an understanding.

My lovely 3 year old daughter also said she wants only a red one. haha. but she aint paying for it fortunately!

incidentally, i dont like black on an X6. it hides completely the beautiful curves of the car. It may look sinister but thats about it. Also grey is too bland on this car. i had before a 530d in silver and it was a real beauty then, but i think the times of grey and silver as a colour are over and gone.

comments please !
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #35
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah, it's a tough choice - sounds like you still haven't made up your mind. This might help you - I stumbled on it at the Canadian web site. I had a feeling the web sites might differ somewhat and I was right. I think the international web site have some other bells and whistles that we don't have in the US, or at least I didn't find it on the US site.

This BMW link is called "Experience" and it allows you to change the wheels and car color and then watch an identical movie of the car you configured. It's pretty cool.

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/...xperience.html

You'll see a cool splash screen then it shows an x6 with a bunch of titles at the bottom. Select the one with the word "Visualizer". It changes and bunch of color swatches should pop up with different wheel types next to it. A little window with the words "Start Now" in the corner. Change the main image picking your color and wheels, then click "Start Now" and you should see a movie of color and wheel choice. Like I said it pretty cool.

Hope it helps.

PS. Frankly I think red is possibly a more dynamic color but I think white is better choice to visualize the x6's fantastic lines and contours. I wn't be able to make up my mind until I see the x6 M in white, becuase it looks great in that red.
Appreciate 0