XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-15-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
JRide89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5 35i M Sport/ZMX/ZMP

Power liftgate allignment issues

I need some help. Been having a growing prblem with my rear hatch. It started awhile ago pulling more to the passenger side. I remedied by moving the latch pin more to driver side so it would align more when closed. Recently the thing will not latch without a little help. As you can see from the pics the glass is almost on the body on both sides and driver side doesn't close flush. Anyone experienced this? I have tried several adjustments to no avail. It seems the driver electric lift may have failed so I have that part on order. I am not 100% confident that is it so looking to see what anyone here can offer. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #2
TRENDSETTER
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Duramax LBZ, Mazda CX-

I closed mine after installing a hitch recently. Then noticed it was tight to the passemger side and a small gap on the driverside. Opened and closed again amd it chipped a small piece of the tail light lens. I'm keeping an eye here to see what solves your issue or if there is a way to adjust it. I was thinking maybe one side is getting a little weaker than the other. I duno
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

My first guess would be a failing actuator.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 07:35 PM   #4
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

There are also the stops on the body that can be adjusted from inside the pillar there, but they should not be going out of adjustment super quickly.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 03:50 PM   #5
WuCreW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRide89 View Post
I need some help. Been having a growing prblem with my rear hatch. It started awhile ago pulling more to the passenger side. I remedied by moving the latch pin more to driver side so it would align more when closed. Recently the thing will not latch without a little help. As you can see from the pics the glass is almost on the body on both sides and driver side doesn't close flush. Anyone experienced this? I have tried several adjustments to no avail. It seems the driver electric lift may have failed so I have that part on order. I am not 100% confident that is it so looking to see what anyone here can offer. Thanks in advance.
Any updates to this ?
Appreciate 0