XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
snowsurfer
Private
Rep
Drives: F15

Sand Beige Nevada Leather - Wear/discoloring?

Hello, I'm cross posting from e90post, debating trading my e92 in for a fully loaded 07 x5 4.8, space grey with sand beige nevada leather.

I've never owned a car with "tan" interior, can anyone comment on how well the leather and carpet will hold up as far as wear and discoloring?

I will probably get the winter floor mats and cargo mat when taking delivery of the car fyi.

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
chinaman01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 35i premium

i had it for a while, and the leather seems to stay solid pretty well. i also prefer it over black leather because summer is coming up, and the suns heat wont help the leather or the cabinet
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
snowsurfer
Private
Rep
Drives: F15

thanks for your reply, I ended up buying the car. the leather really is beautiful, I'm glad I got this color instead of oyster, I had a f10 loaner with oyster the other day and I felt it get dirty by just looking at it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Donibm
Emperor X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMX X5 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsurfer View Post
Hello, I'm cross posting from e90post, debating trading my e92 in for a fully loaded 07 x5 4.8, space grey with sand beige nevada leather.

I've never owned a car with "tan" interior, can anyone comment on how well the leather and carpet will hold up as far as wear and discoloring?

I will probably get the winter floor mats and cargo mat when taking delivery of the car fyi.

thanks,
Owned mine since Jan 2009. I can see dirt when it gets dirty, but use the BMW product (leather cleaner stuff) and simply clean it. I've also wiped it down with just water. Just take car of it and it'll last.

Mine still looks fabulous.
Appreciate 0