XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #23
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
I thought last year when Benz won the total sales crown, BMW CEO said hey didn't care and would focus on making models it's clients want...

Guess that changed. Sad.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 2
      05-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #24
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosTonian View Post
I thought last year when Benz won the total sales crown, BMW CEO said hey didn't care and would focus on making models it's clients want...
What is that, FWD Camry's?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMsport View Post
already too many BMW'S on the road. In Toronto I see more BMW than Camry's and I am serious.
I think BMW should start treating their cars as LUXURY items instead of one for everyone kind of deal.
It's just a car. It is only in North America they are seen as some kind of special "luxury" vehicle.
It is priced like a Luxury vehicle and not just seen as a luxury vehicle. A Camry for your info in Canada is around $25k-40k while a 3/4 series $50k-75k. One of the reason I bought the 440GC instead of the 3 series is because I see less of them and even now I start to see more and more of them same with M3/M4. Sure I understand profits are important but so is the marketing of the brand as a luxury item. It is priced and seen as a luxury item in most parts of the world.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #26
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:

Guess that changed. Sad.
Which is what they are doing. Just a point, clients want electric and electric SUVs.
Which in turn will supplement models like the M4 and M2 CS etc...
      05-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #27
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:

Guess that changed. Sad.
Which is what they are doing. Just a point, clients want electric and electric SUVs.
Which in turn will supplement models like the M4 and M2 CS etc...
The i department is doing very well I hear

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #28
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
It is priced like a Luxury vehicle and not just seen as a luxury vehicle. A Camry for your info in Canada is around $25k-40k while a 3/4 series $50k-75k. One of the reason I bought the 440GC instead of the 3 series is because I see less of them and even now I start to see more and more of them same with M3/M4. Sure I understand profits are important but so is the marketing of the brand as a luxury item. It is priced and seen as a luxury item in most parts of the world.
They are well built, not luxury in my opinion. You can get a KIA with nearly all the same features.

It is like in Germany, the most common taxi I saw was MB E class. Just a well built car.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #29
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
The i department is doing very well I hear
Globally yes. In some markets iPerformance 2er,3er and X5 lead their segment but also their market as the best selling model for that series. The 7er has recently launched and the 5er has just arrived on the market and a new X3 will offer iPerformance from introduction.
The i3 94h is also seeing further increase especially when initial Range concerns have been addressed. It's similar to a Smart phone and it's continuous updates.
      05-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #30
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech
Quote:
They are well built, not luxury in my opinion. You can get a KIA with nearly all the same features.

It is like in Germany, the most common taxi I saw was MB E class. Just a well built car.
Than according to you a 5 series and 7 series are also well built cars and not luxury cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #31
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
The passion is in the quality not quantity. But who said we cant have both?
+1
      05-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #32
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
Bmw will be the new Honda. Everyone will be driving one in 2020 lol
Meanwhile car people will go to AMG. Just look at what MB has been delivering. True entry level luxury with decent performance, fabulous sound, and superior interior. The only challenge they have is the weight, it seems, but seriously how critical is that if you don't track?
P.s. I m referring to c43 models that seem to take m4/3 out of water.
I was looking at MB but both my life coach and my fashion stylist said I have to be over 55 before I can rock one legitimately.
Haha
      05-11-2017, 05:03 AM   #33
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
I thought they already mentioned that the next 3er will be built in mexico? http://jalopnik.com/bmw-commits-to-m...tar-1791250961
That doesn't mean it couldn't also be built in the US. After all, it's already built in Germany, South Africa, China, and, according to Wikipedia (though I didn't independently verify each), a number of other locations around the world as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #34
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
already too many BMW'S on the road. In Toronto I see more BMW than Camry's and I am serious.
I think BMW should start treating their cars as LUXURY items instead of one for everyone kind of deal.
How do you think BMW can afford to build their cars? This thinking would see them out if business.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #35
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Quote:
How do you think BMW can afford to build their cars? This thinking would see them out if business.
lol how did you think BMW existed all this time? BMW is making lots of money now and made lots of money in the past with a lot less cars produced every year.
Now they are going to increase production greatly from a cheaper source which just means a lot more profit.
With your thinking BMW will be the next Toyota.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #36
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Quote:
lol how did you think BMW existed all this time? BMW is making lots of money now and made lots of money in the past with a lot less cars produced every year.
Now they are going to increase production greatly from a cheaper source which just means a lot more profit.
With your thinking BMW will be the next Toyota.
They already are. The FWD German Toyota.
Appreciate 1