XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
randy74
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 3.0si

Angry Low Tire Pressure warning light

First and foremost, I am sorry in advance if my question is a repeated one in this forum.

I am a newbie here, and have tried to search for answer here and still can't find the right one just yet.

My 2008 X5 has Low Tire Pressure warning light on recently (most likely due to weather change.) I have tried to reset the light but unsuccessfully. I looked up in the manual but I found nothing about resetting this light. I did, however, found instruction to reset TPM on iDrive. I tried this too, but it didn't work. So the light is still on.

I remember I did this once a few years back. I first reset it via the odometer, then drove for like 1, 2 miles and that did the trick. I just can't remember the steps. If anyone can point me the step, I greatly appreciate your help.

Again, I'm sorry if this is a repeated (and maybe stupid) post.
      10-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy74 View Post
First and foremost, I am sorry in advance if my question is a repeated one in this forum.

I am a newbie here, and have tried to search for answer here and still can't find the right one just yet.

My 2008 X5 has Low Tire Pressure warning light on recently (most likely due to weather change.) I have tried to reset the light but unsuccessfully. I looked up in the manual but I found nothing about resetting this light. I did, however, found instruction to reset TPM on iDrive. I tried this too, but it didn't work. So the light is still on.

I remember I did this once a few years back. I first reset it via the odometer, then drove for like 1, 2 miles and that did the trick. I just can't remember the steps. If anyone can point me the step, I greatly appreciate your help.

Again, I'm sorry if this is a repeated (and maybe stupid) post.
Did you actually check the tire pressure? If it doesn't reset through idrive, chances are one is low.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
randy74
Rep

Yes, I did, and I gave some air to the one needed, and also checked all 4 tires to make sure proper pressure.

Only now to turn off the annoying light, which I tried but no success.
      10-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy74 View Post
Yes, I did, and I gave some air to the one needed, and also checked all 4 tires to make sure proper pressure.

Only now to turn off the annoying light, which I tried but no success.
Sorry, I don't know. As long as you know pressure is good, try and reset through idrive again, and drive for bit. If not, maybe it's a bad sensor?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #5
randy74
Rep

There's another way to do it, not with idrive, and it worked for me before. I just couldn't find that post
      11-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #6
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

I don't recall it from my X5M specifically but my M3 had a separate button that you could press and hold to reset the tire pressure system. Does the x5 have it?

Looked something like (beside the sport button)

Appreciate 0