XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comprtetion

Facelifted x6

I know this question been asked many times, but I thought maybe someone have any news on lci x6? I'm pretty sure that they will change exterior lightining, just don't want to get screwed
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
BigBobDeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6M

Garage List
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Sorry for a long non-answer...

I've heard and read only speculation on this, along with any other updates to the X6. Some believe fall of this year, some 2012, some no refresh until an all new F-code model. I truly hope that BMW would not release the 2012 models in April 2011 will little to no changes (presumably, since the biggest change seems to be three rear seats), and then do a major midyear LCI or other refresh that would start in fall 2011 production. That would seriously be "cheating," and then what's the point of starting 2012 production so early?

Personally, I find it odd that they've LCIed the X5 and nothing has happened to the X6. I hope that means that there will be no LCI until an all new F-code model, so that they could just create an all new X5 and all new X6 at the same time. But I don't pretend to know what's in the mind of BMW.

In any event, I too do not want to get screwed... I just ordered a 2012 X6M for April production. So I'd like any new lighting, black panel dash, transmission redux, full color head up, or other changes to be put off as long as possible (preferably to late MY 2013 or even MY 2014).

If anyone has a hard answer, with confirmation from a source, it'd be great to know. I still have time to cancel my order!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0