XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #265
Crazy1323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

And the S63 shares the same parts but no campaign for it!!

Come on BMW, you should be willing to deal with the M power plants too.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #266
PAX5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1323 View Post

... one of the reasons why I held off on getting a M.

Would hate to be on my own for repairs!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #267
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1323 View Post

It is the M division that is not offering the campaign. The M division has its own cost center.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #268
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Took mine (E70) in for clay detail and engine cleaning and the advisor made me an appointment for this service - it's free and comes with a loaner car - hopefully this will solve the enormous amounts of oil this truck has been eating lately - he says they will be changing turbo parts - timing belt- injectors - battery-and a host of other things apparently this results in an increase in horsepower? And now I'm hearing there is an incentive to upgrade/trade thus one in for a new model? Anyone have more info on this incentive in California? Thanks in advance (my appointment is this coming Thursday-it takes 2-3days to repair and parts are I stock....)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #269
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715
We bought our 2011 50i used, and have been getting it serviced by Bridgewater BMW here in New Jersey, but somehow our being notified by the dealer slipped through the cracks. Called them today, they knew exactly why I was calling, and made an appointment for 2 weeks from now, and will be getting a loaner. What sort of loaner can I expect to be furnished with? Since this service campaign has been going on for many months now, can I assume the parts shortages reported earlier have been rectified? Any additional advice from other owners that have already been through this that I will want to know about? Thanks.
Dealer says they are fully stocked with all parts in my neck of the woods...but the repairs can take up to 3 days....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #270
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Took mine (E70) in for clay detail and engine cleaning and the advisor made me an appointment for this service - it's free and comes with a loaner car - hopefully this will solve the enormous amounts of oil this truck has been eating lately - he says they will be changing turbo parts - timing belt- injectors - battery-and a host of other things apparently this results in an increase in horsepower? And now I'm hearing there is an incentive to upgrade/trade thus one in for a new model? Anyone have more info on this incentive in California? Thanks in advance (my appointment is this coming Thursday-it takes 2-3days to repair and parts are I stock....)
Umm, there is no timing belt. There are timing chains, but not every vehicle qualifies for them; there is a test that is run. If you require the timing chains, it is not a 2 to 3 day job either. Battery also is not covered unless you are under the original 4/50k warranty.

Why would there be an increase in HP?

Have you read through this thread? The incentive is the same no matter where you are. If you don't want to read through the thread, then talk to a salesperson when you drop it off.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #271
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown
Quote:
Umm, there is no timing belt. There are timing chains, but not every vehicle qualifies for them; there is a test that is run. If you require the timing chains, it is not a 2 to 3 day job either. Battery also is not covered unless you are under the original 4/50k warranty.

Why would there be an increase in HP?

Have you read through this thread? The incentive is the same no matter where you are. If you don't want to read through the thread, then talk to a salesperson when you drop it off.
The battery is covered in fact the dealer said they are changing it no matter what - they also said the timing will be tested and the belt/chain will be changed if necessary - and I did read through the thread - I haven't heard any feedback from folks near me - as far as the incentives I just read online some are offered only $1500-$2000 which is not much but it's something - horsepower could be effected if the injectors are faulty -and I will post the work order when I pick my X5 up so you can see what they did...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #272
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

The battery itself is actually not covered under the N63 campaign, it gets checked though. Not covered by the campaign has been confirmed by BMW NA.

The incentive is the same no matter where you are. So it doesn't matter where you are.

There won't be an increase in HP, you just regain what was lost.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #273
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The battery itself is actually not covered under the N63 campaign, it gets checked though. Not covered by the campaign has been confirmed by BMW NA.

The incentive is the same no matter where you are. So it doesn't matter where you are.

There won't be an increase in HP, you just regain what was lost.
You should take a look at the very first post in this thread as it outlines exactly what my service advisor outlined for this bulletin and it clearly includes the battery and out of warranty vehicles - by the way did you have your N63 engine inspected and serviced under this bulletin???
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #274
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

Yes and yes. There is a separate battery bulletin that supersedes this, did you know that? He you called BMW NA? I previously stated and will state again, the battery is not covered unless you are under the initial 4 year 50k mile warranty. That has been confirmed by BMW NA which is the ultimate authority in the matter, not the dealer and not you.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #275
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes and yes. There is a separate battery bulletin that supersedes this, did you know that? He you called BMW NA? I previously stated and will state again, the battery is not covered unless you are under the initial 4 year 50k mile warranty. That has been confirmed by BMW NA which is the ultimate authority in the matter, not the dealer and not you.
Again have you had your N63 serviced under this bulletin??? You seem to be a bit angry...not sure why....LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #276
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

You were beamed up and now a village is missing it's _ _ _ _ _!

You'll get the Wheel of Fortune rules here, so that would be:
I_IO_.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:41 AM   #277
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You were beamed up and now a village is missing it's _ _ _ _ _!

You'll get the Wheel of Fortune rules here, so that would be:
I_IO_.
Insults? Classy....Have you had your vehicle serviced under this bulletin or not?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #278
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

Already answered more than once, so you have comprehension issues. Since I used a single syllable word, I cannot use any more basic of a word than that.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #279
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Already answered more than once, so you have comprehension issues. Since I used a single syllable word, I cannot use any more basic of a word than that.
#onlinebully
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #280
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
#onlinebully
May I suggest the following reading material for you. Be sure not to be like #3 though.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #281
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
#onlinebully
May I suggest the following reading material for you. Be sure not to be like #3 though.

👊🏽
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #282
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

I'm not the one with comprehension issues. You have stated you have read the bulletin, please show me where it states timing belts?

Also, it states check and replace if necessary! For the battery, no 4 year 50k mile warranty, no battery replacement per BMW NA! Feel free to call them if you want to verify. I have as well as others; per BMW NA, the battery is not covered under the campaign only checked, if a replacement is necessary and the owner is outside of the original warranty, then the replacement cost is on the owner if they decide to replace it.

I'm not a bully, I have just stated facts. If the truth hurts, then deal with it. However, what you're doing is called slander and is a crime!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #283
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not the one with comprehension issues. You have stated you have read the bulletin, please show me where it states timing belts?

Also, it states check and replace if necessary! For the battery, no 4 year 50k mile warranty, no battery replacement per BMW NA! Feel free to call them if you want to verify. I have as well as others; per BMW NA, the battery is not covered under the campaign only checked, if a replacement is necessary and the owner is outside of the original warranty, then the replacement cost is on the owner if they decide to replace it.

I'm not a bully, I have just stated facts. If the truth hurts, then deal with it. However, what you're doing is called slander and is a crime!
I never once insulted or patronized you - you however have insulted me. I'm only in this forum to get information and to share my experience - for whatever reason you chose to respond to my post and go on this tangent of bashing me....
Again, I will share what my Service Advisor stated: the battery is covered and the timing will be checked and if necessary the belt/chain will be replaced - there are many other parts to be considered and replaced also including recoding - this bulletin extends to vehicles out of warranty---
Here's a link for you to read:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=818825
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #284
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep

And I already know that and yet once again, you still call it a belt. So, why are you not taking the information and educating yourself? A belt and a chain are not even remotely the same thing. While a belt could have also been used, it was not, a chain was used.

Ah yes, the SA knows more than BMW! Eventually you will learn that an SA does not know all. There are some good SA's and there are very poor SA's. This is the same at all premium brands. The techs are not unicorns either; they (the dealer) just charge more for their time. For the most part; they follow a test plan that was written by BMW. So if BMW test plan says hop on one foot while tightening the nut to 20 ft lbs, that is exactly what they do. If that doesn't work, they follow the next test plan and when all of those are exhausted they open a PUMA case and await further action from BMW. The N63 campaign is no different; they collect data, pass it along to BMW and await that test plan as to what to replace.

I already know everything that is in that campaign and knew it long before you ever did!

You will also learn that there is another campaign that will be performed as well; this one is a relatively new one.

I have no tolerance ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #285
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And I already know that and yet once again, you still call it a belt. So, why are you not taking the information and educating yourself? A belt and a chain are not even remotely the same thing. While a belt could have also been used, it was not, a chain was used.

Ah yes, the SA knows more than BMW! Eventually you will learn that an SA does not know all. There are some good SA's and there are very poor SA's. This is the same at all premium brands. The techs are not unicorns either; they (the dealer) just charge more for their time. For the most part; they follow a test plan that was written by BMW. So if BMW test plan says hop on one foot while tightening the nut to 20 ft lbs, that is exactly what they do. If that doesn't work, they follow the next test plan and when all of those are exhausted they open a PUMA case and await further action from BMW. The N63 campaign is no different; they collect data, pass it along to BMW and await that test plan as to what to replace.

I already know everything that is in that campaign and knew it long before you ever did!

You will also learn that there is another campaign that will be performed as well; this one is a relatively new one.

I have no tolerance ignorance.
I'll post what my service results are and hopefully that helps others understand the process and what to expect with this bulletin - since you are all knowing and educated on the subject just ignore my post and don't reply. That simple. Im certain that there are more important topics to get to know.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #286
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Do both of you feel better now?

This is an internet forum…you should try to ignore people who get under your skin vs. trying so hard to be right. Nobody learned anything new here today after all these posts…
Appreciate 0