XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Question What do you think?

Guys,every each of us has its own ideas how to load the car with optional equipment...but some thing make me angry..

Why we dont have option to order ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL(DISTRONIC mercedes benz),NIGHT VISION and CHANGE LINES ALERT?

What do you think abut that?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Guys,every each of us has its own ideas how to load the car with optional equipment...but some thing make me angry..

Why we dont have option to order ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL(DISTRONIC mercedes benz),NIGHT VISION and CHANGE LINES ALERT?

don't really care about it. those are seriously like the three most useless options to have been released within the past couple of years.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

well,i will like to have it..all three are for security reasons.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:

No U.S. built cars have those options yet as far as I know. It may be only certain locations have the parts due to supply issue.

Funny thing is the X6 and M6, have soft close doors, and the X5 and 650i don't.

The X6 has a TT 6, and the X5 doesn't.

The X6 has a TT V8 and nothing else does.

I think BMW would be glad to sell anyone all the options the heart desires. However, it takes time to get parts and supply chains set up and then they have to predict production.

Funny thing is, all the options you mentioned (I refer to a gimmick sales) ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL(DISTRONIC mercedes benz),NIGHT VISION and CHANGE LANES ALERT, I have no interest in and apparently no other X6 drivers does either since they are selling all they can build as is.
      10-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

i disagree with you,much X6 drivers will order some of those options...BMW serie 5 has option ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL AND NIGHT VISION, and that thing are much better for me,then SOFT CLOSE or AUTOMATIC CLOSE TAILGATE..but that just me.

I just want to say that i am angry that i am buying car for over 150000 $ and still can not order what i want and other BMW cars has that option.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
chuck92103
Major
Rep

Quote:
i disagree with you,much X6 drivers will order some of those options...BMW serie 5 has option ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL AND NIGHT VISION, and that thing are much better for me,then SOFT CLOSE or AUTOMATIC CLOSE TAILGATE..but that just me.

I just want to say that i am angry that i am buying car for over 150000 $ and still can not order what i want and other BMW cars has that option.
You can disagree but you still bought the X6 despite the vehicle not having the options you wanted. That was my point. So in reality, the options did not matter all that much or you would have opted for another vehicle.

I don't understand the point of complaining about options your car does not have after your bought the car.
      10-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
don't really care about it. those are seriously like the three most useless options to have been released within the past couple of years.
Hmmm, speak for yourself.

I for one would LOVE to have Night Vision in the X6. I also contacted BMW about this option as it was originally listed on the International and some other countries websites under the 'Safety Features' heading. After my inquiry, this has been removed from all those websites as this feature is NOT available on the X6!

A few years back, I had an accident at 2:50am in the middle of nowhere. A rather LARGE deer came out of nowhere. I was going about 120km/h (~75mph) and at first I tried to move into the oncoming lane (no traffic at all) to try and avoid the deer since the deer seemed to turn back and run off the road, however the deer changed his mind and turned again to run across the road and right into my car... By the time I had stopped the car, the deer had run off. The front end and passenger side of the car suffered quite a bit of damage.

Now if I would have had night vision, I would have been able to spot the deer long before I got where he was... It was pitch black and even with the high beams on, I wasn't able to see the deer till it was basically to late!

Just because you don't care about these options doesn't mean that they are totally useless. If you don't like them, don't buy them. But BMW should make them available to those of us who would prefer to have them and are able to pay for them!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

i wouldn't mind the night vision but don't really care about the others
      10-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
chuck92103
Major
Rep

Night vision requires you to take you eyes off the road which is even more dangerous than not having it at all.

BMW's new night vision will be integrated with HUD like Lexus and Cadillac.

The only reason BMW's night vision is on iDrive because it was a cheap easy way to get it into the cars. But little R&D was done as the system is all off the shelf parts.

Can you imagine if the HUD display was on iDrive instead of the windshield?
      10-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
You can disagree but you still bought the X6 despite the vehicle not having the options you wanted. That was my point. So in reality, the options did not matter all that much or you would have opted for another vehicle.

I don't understand the point of complaining about options your car does not have after your bought the car.
Well, I think Deda is in the same situation as me. I would LIKE to have these options, but since they are not available, we have to COMPROMISE and settle for less...

Now for me, I was willing to buy the 750iL or M5, but settled on the X6 simply because neither of the other two models have xDrive as an option. Honestly, I'd rather drive a sedan than a SUV, SAC or whatever they want to call them in the future...

And, I will NEVER go back to a front or rear wheel only type of car!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Night vision requires you to take you eyes off the road which is even more dangerous than not having it at all.

BMW's new night vision will be integrated with HUD like Lexus and Cadillac.

The only reason BMW's night vision is on iDrive because it was a cheap easy way to get it into the cars. But little R&D was done as the system is all off the shelf parts.

Can you imagine if the HUD display was on iDrive instead of the windshield?
Even if the night vision is ONLY on the iDrive screen, I'd rather have it and see it BEFORE I hit it than NOT having it at all!

Looking down on the iDrive screen is almost the same as looking at how fast you are going. The nice thing about night vision is that whatever animal or pedestrians are on the road ahead of you, they will show up as white spots on the display so they are easily identified by a quick glance at the iDrive screen. It's pretty much the same as when you look down on the iDrive screen to have a quick look at the street map.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

I drove a 535 with lane departure warning. The steering wheel vibrates if you wander across a line without signalling. Frankly, I thought it was perhaps the silliest gimmick I had ever come across. But then I thought, jeez, I'd feel a lot safer if everybody else had this!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:

That is called compromise! which i really didnot wanted,but what the hell,at least i can speak about it on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Well, I think Deda is in the same situation as me. I would LIKE to have these options, but since they are not available, we have to COMPROMISE and settle for less...

Now for me, I was willing to buy the 750iL or M5, but settled on the X6 simply because neither of the other two models have xDrive as an option. Honestly, I'd rather drive a sedan than a SUV, SAC or whatever they want to call them in the future...

And, I will NEVER go back to a front or rear wheel only type of car!
thank you,agree 100%!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

To me options are a personal taste kind of thing, for some folks it would be "you couldn't pay me to have that" , for others "I will pay anything to have that". I would have liked to have night vision via a hud but I bought the X6 for it's performance characteristics so wasn't willing to wait to 09 or 10 hoping the NV via HUD might show up.

I understand the supply chain thing and on a global basis can be a nightmare to manage but that is usually for small items like trim,small parts,etc wouldn't think it would be that big of deal for major components as they usually don't need to replaced as much.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
I drove a 535 with lane departure warning. The steering wheel vibrates if you wander across a line without signalling. Frankly, I thought it was perhaps the silliest gimmick I had ever come across. But then I thought, jeez, I'd feel a lot safer if everybody else had this!
true,that was my point when i started this thread..i am satisfy with my car,but i think it could be better when we speak about securty measures.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #17
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

[QUOTE=dmlgc;3487242]To me options are a personal taste kind of thing, for some folks it would be "you couldn't pay me to have that" , for others "I will pay anything to have that". I would have liked to have night vision via a hud but I bought the X6 for it's performance characteristics so wasn't willing to wait to 09 or 10 hoping the NV via HUD might show up.

true,love this part.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #19
chuck92103
Major
Rep

my my, a feisty group for a Friday.
      10-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #20
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yup sure looks like it, so here you go chuck, have another or two
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #21
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Yup sure looks like it, so here you go chuck, have another or two
+2!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #22
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
That's why I like this forum, folks that express themselves and ignore PC.
Appreciate 0