XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-31-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
NCA Motorsports
Banned
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M E60 M5

Anyone have the racechip tune?

Anyone have or had the racechip tune? And what are the thoughts on it? I've got a 2011 X5M and I'm thinking about it
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
Rikkem
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
This is not a tuning, it's just a resistor soldering between the boost sensor and the ECU. ECU sees the readings from the sensor less than in fact, due to this, the boost is increased. At the same time, there is an incorrect calculation of the torque because understated readings of the boost, which makes other ECU calculations incorrect.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkem View Post
This is not a tuning, it's just a resistor soldering between the boost sensor and the ECU. ECU sees the readings from the sensor less than in fact, due to this, the boost is increased. At the same time, there is an incorrect calculation of the torque because understated readings of the boost, which makes other ECU calculations incorrect.
I think a better way of what your trying to say is, it modifies the signals sent to the ecu and in return the computer fuels more which results in greater boost pressures.

To say it's incorrect, technically is incorrect since the ecu knows how to compensate for the readings!

Aka, no different than a JB4 BCM style fooler setup!

Except racechip has made some serious backed numbers on other applications. Their advertising of numbers on the site seem to be backed by others experiences.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
NCA Motorsports
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
Quote:
I think a better way of what your trying to say is, it modifies the signals sent to the ecu and in return the computer fuels more which results in greater boost pressures.

To say it's incorrect, technically is incorrect since the ecu knows how to compensate for the readings!

Except racechip has made some serious backed numbers on other applications. Their advertising of numbers on the site seem to be backed by others experiences.
Is it worth buying??
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 09:34 PM   #5
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCA Motorsports View Post
Is it worth buying??
I'll say this, they have some serious market share from what I've seen overseas and what they're putting into the units is fantastic build quality.

If I were you, watch some of the available content out on the internet. I personally wouldn't hesitate to run a GTS black at all.... I mean taking shaving 5/10s + of a second off a 0-60 is respectable.

Remember their advertised #s are with factory equipment, and since you've already got yoir exhaust set up I'd bet you would be a happy man with the end result.

I personally will run one when modding this x6m finally rolls around on the never-ending to do list! Being the tuner market for the s63 is slim to none, I personally don't see the point of trying to "set the bar" in regards to performance ability on this platform. Having the fastest..... Is cool and all, but I mean running high 10's/ low 11's and dumping stupid money to achieve basically very little just doesn't make sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 09:05 PM   #6
Rikkem
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, it shows to ECU pressure is less than in reality.

Quote:
It's incorrect because ECU use boost pressure to calculate torque and load, that uses to other maps. For example to calculate gear shift points.

Quote:
You are right. But JB4 declare +60hp, but RaceChip declare +98Hp. This is not a realistic result for a stock car.

Quote:
I've never seen a serious result on a dyno or better on a dragstrip by car with racechip.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #7
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it shows to ECU pressure is less than in reality.

It's incorrect because ECU use boost pressure to calculate torque and load, that uses to other maps. For example to calculate gear shift points.

You are right. But JB4 declare +60hp, but RaceChip declare +98Hp. This is not a realistic result for a stock car.

I've never seen a serious result on a dyno or better on a dragstrip by car with racechip.
I'm not debating, what I'm saying is the "incorrect" map reading first and foremost forces the ecu to attempt to catch up on the fuel curve... in return fueling harder to achieve said levels.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 12:38 AM   #8
colinmartin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 x5m

I put one in mine after I purchased the car ,on basic settings the car felt a touch better but nothing sensational ,as soon as I started playing around with the settings it did nothing except throwing the check engine light made the car completely unreliable . Save your money .I bit the bullet after I changed the downpipes and put new turbos on and had the ecu tuned
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
NCA Motorsports
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmartin View Post
I put one in mine after I purchased the car ,on basic settings the car felt a touch better but nothing sensational ,as soon as I started playing around with the settings it did nothing except throwing the check engine light made the car completely unreliable . Save your money .I bit the bullet after I changed the downpipes and put new turbos on and had the ecu tuned
Thank you. Much appreciated man
Appreciate 0