XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Mog is here.

Theres a Mog app update on the itunes store now, that provides support for BMW (and Mini) connected.

Works fine. I have a 30day free trial, so it will give me a opportunity to properly use it. I personally prefer Spotify, so I hope that app is next.

With more and more apps compatible with BMW connected that are being created outside BMW's own app ... it highlights the major shortcoming this platform has ...... in that the user has to manually start each app before it will work with the car.

This means, switching from say Mog to Pandora or Web radio means, you have to interact with the phone. The whole point of doing this in the first place, is to prevent the driver from glancing down at their phone.

See a post I did on this over on M3post, where you can sort of use Siri to do the app switching for you ... it provides little value though.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610409

I hope BMW and Apple with fix these shortcomings in the future !
Appreciate 0