XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
dreamerx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x5 (LEMON)

2011 X5 35i RECALL???

A couple days ago my pregnant wife was driving home in the X5 and heard a Loud Skreaching noise coming from the engine. She said it lasted about a minute until she stopped and turned off the engine. We called Roadside but it was going to take them about an hour and she was scared since she was in a bad area of the city. She ended up driving home, which was 10 minutes away without any problems.

I ended up driving around the car for about a hour without any issues but noticed that the service light came on. Thought that was weird but whatever. My wife took in the car for service and told the Service Rep what happened. Later on that day, he told her that there was a RECALL on the X5 35i. Something with the Gas Gasket or Engine gasket. Not sure exactly what it is but its going to be in the shop for at least 4 days. I'm waiting for the invoice to see exactly what was replaced. I will update thread once i get my Car back.

My problem is if there is a Recall, how come i never heard of this. Did anyone get notice of a Recall?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
lloydpinnock
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

where is a good source to find out about recalls?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
dreamerx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x5 (LEMON)

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls...intVersion=YES

Hopefully I'm getting my car back today. Not sure what was done to the car yet. Based on the recall, my car should not be affected by the recall since my car is not a 8 or 12 cylinder.

Can't wait to see the Service Invoice.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Donibm
Emperor X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMX X5 2009

To my knowledge, the only recalls envolved the big engines (V8 & V10). I read it on MSN (hpyer link) last week.
Appreciate 0