XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
remixsecret
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

11' X5 E70 Side + Rear Camera Not Working

Okay, I got BMW to check why my camera is not working for my sides and rear. I originally thought my car only had a rear camera, and was about to replace it. Not until I noticed I had side view as well, I stopped myself from order a new one because its unlikely for all three cameras to go bad.

I got it checked at BMW and they diagnosed the wiring in the rear to be good where its connected properly when they removed the cargo driver side panel and the hatch lid. They said it could be coding issue, but I got an Indy to check the codes and he said its perfectly fine and its active. Because the camera isn't working for the rear and side, do you guys think its the TRSVC module under the driver side footwell (where all cameras connect too)? Do you guys know if there is a fuse perhaps I should check? I am super stumped on this and I really want this camera to work again .. I tried searching up the TRSVC module, but doesn't seem like anyone had the issue before? When I tried activating the camera with a Snap-On OBD2 tool, it says camera is not connected? If anyone can chime in, it would be awesome.

Last edited by remixsecret; 11-21-2016 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
remixsecret
Private First Class
Rep

Bump..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
remixsecret
Private First Class
Rep

This is what it shows on my screen. Only the first button on the iDrive works. The other ones such as parking aids contrast or brightness don't work at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #4
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Have you tried resetting the iDrive system? Hold the radio power/mute button down for 25 seconds and let the system reboot.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
remixsecret
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Have you tried resetting the iDrive system? Hold the radio power/mute button down for 25 seconds and let the system reboot.
Yup, I have tried that.

I just found out the TRSVC module is NOT dead. I got the software updated on the TRSVC module and it did not fix the issue either.

Since the side mirror camera and rear camera aren't working, and the TRSVC is communicating properly with the car... I would assume the issue is the wiring? Do you guys know where the positive wire is? Maybe that is why it is not powering on the cameras. What are some common wiring problem for these E70 X5?
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the SUV?
Appreciate 0