XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
MdSaif
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 XDrive 50i

New comer...need advice on tires!

Hey everyone,

i am soon to be an owner of a 2010 X6 50I, the car has around 23k miles on it. according to the owner, the tires needs to be changed, and from searching around, i know it will rip my wallet. i need advice of a good brand and the average prices. Bare in mind that i live in the middle east, heat is around 52 degrees in the summer, and humidity these days are hitting 100%. Please advice.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdSaif View Post
Hey everyone,

i am soon to be an owner of a 2010 X6 50I, the car has around 23k miles on it. according to the owner, the tires needs to be changed, and from searching around, i know it will rip my wallet. i need advice of a good brand and the average prices. Bare in mind that i live in the middle east, heat is around 52 degrees in the summer, and humidity these days are hitting 100%. Please advice.
Just thought I would translate for everyone. 56 degrees would be Celsius, and in Fahrenheit that is 125.6 degrees. At that temp, I would forget about the tires and just drive around on the rims. You may also want to consider placing metal sheets over the trunk area and sell freshly baked pizzas to defer the cost of the rim repairs. If you choose to go with tires, I would research what NASA is using for the robotic vehicle taking the pictures on Mars surface.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Marino
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdSaif
Hey everyone,

Look up the Pirelli Scorpion family of tyres on line!! Although, in the Middle East you don't have to worry about ice and snow in the winter so you can use cheaper tyres than we need in Europe and USA!
Appreciate 0