XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
KrisHorton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M and E60 M5

Congrats man, you're going to love it!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #24
BiG22DuBz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Us Socal guys are gona be tearin up the streets via VELOS Designs!
CLS55 and C6Z06 (previous rides)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #25
dhenry
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Tune

installed theVelos tune in December and love it. if you are thinking about it you need to pull the trigger and go for it you will not be disappointed.
i had many of the same questions i am reading and talked to Omar and his guys and they were great. the install was easy, i have no mechanical exprience and it was easy. the speed and torque are great. i have put a few thousand miles on it since and it feels very nice. can't wait for the track to open here so i can surprise some of the guys there. i am getting around 16.4 mpg highway a bit better then before.

Last edited by dhenry; 02-27-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #26
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i m-sport

Ok, got it about 20 hours after I ordered it, despite being on opposite sides of the country, but just got around to installing today. It was generally very simple, with very precise instructions. But I managed to be a dumbass and mess it up . Thank you KrisHorton for the instant reply and helpful advice that got me back on track. And thanks to Velos for the help too. Driving around, the difference is obvious. Even in non-sport or M, the midrange pulls a lot harder. I didn't get a chance to really stand on the pedal, but the torque is definitely amazing. Can't wait to really push it.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG22DuBz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry View Post
installed theVelos tune in December and love it. if you are thinking about it you need to pull the trigger and go for it you will not be disappointed.
i had many of the same questions i am reading and talked to Omar and his guys and they were great. the install was easy, i have no mechanical exprience and it was easy. the speed and torque are great. i have put a few thousand miles on it since and it feels very nice. can't wait for the track to open here so i can surprise some of the guys there. i am getting around 16.4 mpg highway a bit better then before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIN335 View Post
Ok, got it about 20 hours after I ordered it, despite being on opposite sides of the country, but just got around to installing today. It was generally very simple, with very precise instructions. But I managed to be a dumbass and mess it up . Thank you KrisHorton for the instant reply and helpful advice that got me back on track. And thanks to Velos for the help too. Driving around, the difference is obvious. Even in non-sport or M, the midrange pulls a lot harder. I didn't get a chance to really stand on the pedal, but the torque is definitely amazing. Can't wait to really push it.
Thanks again guys! Its also pretty cool to see the community helping each other out! You guys enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
dhenry
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIN335 View Post

i saw your post so it looks like you got it going. have fun these trucks are great.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #29
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry View Post
i saw your post so it looks like you got it going. have fun these trucks are great.
Still my favorite truck out there, period!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #30
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG22DuBz View Post
Any more feedback from you West Coast guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
turbologist
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Any info on uninstalling for dealer trips and whether or not there are traces left behind with an uninstall?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

If it was there, they can detect it, just depends on how much they want to dig or hook into Germany.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #33
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbologist View Post
Any info on uninstalling for dealer trips and whether or not there are traces left behind with an uninstall?
It seems like everyone avoids the question is it quick to load and unload tunes? I a very familiar with aftermarket tunes in other brands of vehicles the way they Typically see if it has a tune is people pull the tune out and drive to the dealership. So they can see no data has been stored but if you pull it out 3-4days before you take it in they can't tell. Of course if you have a catastrophic failure you are screwed?

Velos any input on this and time to load/unload tunes?
      07-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #34
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
It seems like everyone avoids the question is it quick to load and unload tunes? I a very familiar with aftermarket tunes in other brands of vehicles the way they Typically see if it has a tune is people pull the tune out and drive to the dealership. So they can see no data has been stored but if you pull it out 3-4days before you take it in they can't tell. Of course if you have a catastrophic failure you are screwed?

Velos any input on this and time to load/unload tunes?
Hello,

It takes roughly 35 minutes to write to the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black Saph Metallic X5M

Hey guys...glad to see everyone is enjoying as much as I have for more than a year now.

I advocated for Velos and I STILL enjoy the hell out of my tune.

Omar...you making it up to BIMMERFEST East? I may go...not sure yet.
Appreciate 0