XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
braves011
Rep
Drives: 03 ZHP

JBD or Dinan

I hate bringing up the tune thread but seems every post compares the JBD piggyback to one of the DME tunes. I specifically want to know differences between the JBD and Dinan piggyback systems user that have them or know details about what they do and actual gains.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

They're both modifying rail pressure signals to the DDE. I recommend BPC. I run one of their tunes in both my BMW diesels and I couldn't be happier. I ran JBD previously and would never go back to a JBD after an actual tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves011 View Post
I hate bringing up the tune thread but seems every post compares the JBD piggyback to one of the DME tunes. I specifically want to know differences between the JBD and Dinan piggyback systems user that have them or know details about what they do and actual gains.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #3
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

:)

Sleeper and I originate in the same area so this topic is debatable...

While he is correct, a flash tune is FAR better because it can eliminate certain problematic things....and unleash more power, the JBD/Dinan rail pressure solution is quick and easy.

I ran JBD for quite a long time on my 335d before tuning... and now that I bought my x5d, Im going to be doing that again....mainly because my x5 is not having issues with any emissions stuff.....Ill take the minor power bump vs the major power bump for 150 bucks and move on...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
braves011
Rep
Drives: 03 ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaDZL View Post
Sleeper and I originate in the same area so this topic is debatable...

While he is correct, a flash tune is FAR better because it can eliminate certain problematic things....and unleash more power, the JBD/Dinan rail pressure solution is quick and easy.

I ran JBD for quite a long time on my 335d before tuning... and now that I bought my x5d, Im going to be doing that again....mainly because my x5 is not having issues with any emissions stuff.....Ill take the minor power bump vs the major power bump for 150 bucks and move on...
I don't have to worry about any of the emissions or CARB bs and I'm still under warranty and I'm not building a track beast so $1k+ for a tune would be better spent on maintenance. I just read a few people getting limp mode with the Burger JBD and I wasn't sure if it was the same case with the Dinan and the Burger claims more power too lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves011 View Post
I don't have to worry about any of the emissions or CARB bs and I'm still under warranty and I'm not building a track beast so $1k+ for a tune would be better spent on maintenance. I just read a few people getting limp mode with the Burger JBD and I wasn't sure if it was the same case with the Dinan and the Burger claims more power too lol.
If I remember correctly its not a full limp where it reduces engine output... but I could be wrong about that. Frankly I never got it, but I only ran my jbd at 80% at all times.... And the error is some plausibility thing I think....been a while since I looked into it...but its nothing you should concern yourself about, esp if you have a reset tool.

As for the 1k dollars....eventually your SCR/NOX/DPF are going to fail and you are going to need that tune, but if you are still under warranty...I am completely with you.
Appreciate 0