XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Gauntlet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe 2009 X5d

X5 Transmission Issue

I bought my wife a new X5 diesel about three weeks ago. In the past 10 days she has had some serious transmission issues. The first two times the X5 would not go into reverse, when we had it towed to the dealer they claimed there was a faulty signal from the stick to the transmission, they replaced the shifting mechanism and everyone went on their way.

Yesterday she was on the freeway when the transmission bogged down and she lost power. She was able to get to the shoulder safely, but a transmission failure message appeared. Once she was able to get it back in gear she could only go about 20 mph. Again the car goes back to the dealer.

I called BMWNA and told them I wanted them to replace the vehicle. So my question is this, what should we do? I have had an experience with a car that had a significant issue early and it never really worked.

I am planning on pressing the issue with BMW and/or contacting a lemon law attorney. My primary concern is that my wife usually drives the kids and I don't feel like it's safe or reliable. I value the opinions of those that post here and I'd appreciate your thoughts....

Thanks, Gauntlet
Appreciate 0