XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Tailwinds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6m

Anyone take their X6M to the track?

Not the ideal track car but I'd like to take mine. I got in touch with CHINS Racing and was told I might want to replace brake pads with something that won't fade quickly. Anyone who has taken theirs to the track have comments?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
ivan207
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M

I did it once coupe week ago, I'm telling you that is very fast. I went to the track near my city, it is not a big track, Honda always fast in that track. With this HEAVY truck on the track is fun, but it weak on the low speed conner. I would say the X6M is not bad, I used to use my Subaru to the same track, but I could even create faster lap than the Subaru with a Conti DSW all season tires(I put Hankook RS3 on the Subaru, got 300whp and much lighter than the X6M). The only thing I don't feel confident is the Brake and the Tires. The X6M get almost 2.8 tons weight, so the brake doesn't hold very good on the track even it is 4 pot. Also, if you want more fun on the track, get a softer tires. I should not use the all season tires on the track, after the track my tires tread loss a lot of rubber! I would recommend the Falken sport tire if you still using the stock wheel, it is cheap and good performance on the track.(I might tracking too hard, and getting to close to the APEX)
However, you will have a lot of fun if you track the monster!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
Tailwinds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6m

Cool, thanks for the reply! I have 21" wheels...only tow tire choices so I just plan to use the stock Dunlops and see what happens. Looks like even those huge brakes are going to fade fast.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 12:42 AM   #4
mpilot26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 MG w/Amaro Brown, two BSM

I didn't do anything when I took mine to the track. I did about five or six 30 to 40 minutes sessions with barely any fade and the only other thing I've ever done is change my brake fluid to high temperature brake fluid as well as install a high-performance pair of ceramic pads. Luckily when I had my F80 M3 it was installed with the ceramic big brake system and I never once felt an inch of fade with those. Just be careful coming out of a car wash or in long downpours on highways if you haven't used your brakes your initial bite will be very very vague
Appreciate 0