XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-28-2015, 03:12 AM   #1
j1275
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5m

Fault Code / Boost Question

Hello all,

I've owned my '12 X5M for about a year now. After anonymously reading the board for awhile I decided to become a member as I have a few questions regarding some possible issues with my vehicle, so here goes...

Recently I purchased a P3Cars vent integrated digital gauge.. Best purchase ever!

*I used the digital option (bSt.d) to read boost from the ECU since my car is stock, and I was not sure how to perform the map sensor tap to get analog readings. Right now when I go full throttle car I see readings of 10.5-11psi.. Does this sound right? I thought 17psi was stock readings..

*Upon start up I'm seeing the following fault codes come up on the gauge -

2EA9 Exhaust turbocharger coolant pump,control line, electrical
2EAA Exhaust turbocharger coolant pump, switch-off
2A28 Fuel low pressure system.
2AC4 ???

I cannot seem to find the 2AC4 fault code anywhere on the web. Any idea what this is?

When I initially cleared the codes the 2AC4 fault code came up immediately after starting the car, and the 2EA9, 2EAA codes came back after one drive cycle.. The funny thing about this - I've not once seen a check engine light or reduced engine output message on the iDrive.

I do have an appointment with the dealer sometime next week to look into this, but I just wanted to get some more info from other X5M owners who may have experienced the same issues as above..

Appreciate any responses!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
j1275
Registered
Rep

So in case anyone is curious..

The dealer ended up replacing the aux turbo coolant pump to clear the following fault codes -

They also replaced the in tank fuel pump to fix a dying pump noise I had complained about that sounded like it was coming from the rear of the vehicle, but I could only hear it at idle (louder in cold weather). Replacing this cleared the following fault code that would come up every now and then -

I still cannot find info on fault code 2AC4. When clearing the code, it still comes up immediately after starting the vehicle. Strange, but it doesn't seem to affect the performance of the vehicle at all..

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
mhkm
The Doctor
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i; 2013 E70 X5M

Good info, thnx for sharing.
      06-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1275 View Post
So in case anyone is curious..

The dealer ended up replacing the aux turbo coolant pump to clear the following fault codes -

They also replaced the in tank fuel pump to fix a dying pump noise I had complained about that sounded like it was coming from the rear of the vehicle, but I could only hear it at idle (louder in cold weather). Replacing this cleared the following fault code that would come up every now and then -

I still cannot find info on fault code 2AC4. When clearing the code, it still comes up immediately after starting the vehicle. Strange, but it doesn't seem to affect the performance of the vehicle at all..

Thanks!
What are the fault codes for the O2 sensors? 2AC2, i know is an O2 sensor fault code.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
What are the fault codes for the O2 sensors? 2AC2, i know is a O2 sensor fault code.
2AC4 is the DME, Oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter: Plausibility.

Hope this will help
      06-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #6
j1275
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesupreme View Post
2AC4 is the DME, Oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter: Plausibility.

Hope this will help
Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0