XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-14-2007, 05:37 AM   #1
m5interlagosblue
Rep
Drives: m5

X5 4.8 Lease payment

Hi guys,
I am interested in getting a new 4.8 X5. But i was thinking leasing this car. The dealer was trying to rip me off. It would be great if any member could share how much down payment you made and how much a month for lease. Also how many miles a year. THank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

way to vague a question to be answered in my opinion.
why do you think they were ripping you off. A lease is always a rip off.
and never never never put money down on a lease.
the only thing a lease is for is for someone to drive a car that they cannot afford.
      11-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
the only thing a lease is for is for someone to drive a car that they cannot afford.
You are very uneducated about leases.... Yes in some cases its true people lease a car they can not afford otherwise.. But there are several reasons to lease a car just about 90% of doctors and lawyers lease at the dealer I go to and I will explain why.. To make it short they want new cars often and dont put a lot of milage on them along with the tax write of benefits.

It really makes more sense to lease a BMW or Mercedes or high end car, the residual values they put on the cars are very high. Now if you drive more then 15k miles a year and keep your cars from longer than 4 years leasing doesn't make sense. In a way I could turn around your statement and make you feel bad that its stupid to buy a BMW if you plan on owning it less than 4 years.

So in short you know nothing about leasing........ Good day.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
You are very uneducated about leases.... Yes in some cases its true people lease a car they can not afford otherwise.. But there are several reasons to lease a car just about 90% of doctors and lawyers lease at the dealer I go to and I will explain why.. To make it short they want new cars often and dont put a lot of milage on them along with the tax write of benefits.

It really makes more sense to lease a BMW or Mercedes or high end car, the residual values they put on the cars are very high. Now if you drive more then 15k miles a year and keep your cars from longer than 4 years leasing doesn't make sense. In a way I could turn around your statement and make you feel bad that its stupid to buy a BMW if you plan on owning it less than 4 years.

I couldn't have responded better to that ridiculous statement about leases.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
wontonbomb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
Wow. No comment.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
bily
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G05, 22 G26

Garage List
2022 i4  [0.00]
2022 BMW X5  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428 Cabriolet  [0.00]
I recently went to my dealer about a trade in for a new one. Problem is there are no good lease deals, or there were no good lease deals at the time, (Sep/Oct). For the 3.0, it was $4k down, and 700 a month.

Ask about a purchase with a balloon on the end. This worked for us on our current X5. This way we have the flexiblity of getting out of the car when we want, we maintained lease like payments, with minimal money down. In Aug, we will have to buy, refi, or trade. We will owe $17,500.

Just an option.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post

Can you explain to me more about the tax write off? PM me!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
x-tian-X4.8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 4.8i

X5 Lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5interlagosblue View Post
Hi guys,
I am interested in getting a new 4.8 X5. But i was thinking leasing this car. The dealer was trying to rip me off. It would be great if any member could share how much down payment you made and how much a month for lease. Also how many miles a year. THank you.
I just PM'd you some information.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

lease write off

Please PM me also and explain how that works with taxes. Right now I'm just taking std mileage allowance. CHeap
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #10
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

To 'write off your lease car' you have to use the car for business, and only business. A doctor or lawyer driving back and forth to work is no different than a cook or machine operator driving back and forth to work, it is not detuctable. If you are using the car for business purposes you can only detuct that part of the car that is used for business. Example you drive the car 20k a year, church on Sunday, grocery store, vacations, none of that milage is detuctable. If you are in sales and you drive it to customer calls, detuctable. Milage in split use cases is detuctable, if you want to deduct gas, tires, lease, maintenance, you can only detuct that portion that is business related. Oh yes, keep very good records, IRS auditable good records. There is no free ride lease deduction.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Doc E
Surf Caster Extraordinaire
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '13 ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc'Z View Post
To 'write off your lease car' you have to use the car for business, and only business. A doctor or lawyer driving back and forth to work is no different than a cook or machine operator driving back and forth to work, it is not detuctable. If you are using the car for business purposes you can only detuct that part of the car that is used for business. Example you drive the car 20k a year, church on Sunday, grocery store, vacations, none of that milage is detuctable. If you are in sales and you drive it to customer calls, detuctable. Milage in split use cases is detuctable, if you want to deduct gas, tires, lease, maintenance, you can only detuct that portion that is business related. Oh yes, keep very good records, IRS auditable good records. There is no free ride lease deduction.
you can put your leased vehicle under your business name as fleet vehicles.
A cook can not, and if he tries IRS will be there. Common man, it obviously depends on what kind of business you run. If you run a bookstore and try to do this IRS will be there.
      01-15-2008, 01:41 AM   #12
JizJizJiz
Elitist prick
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmbo View Post
you can put your leased vehicle under your business name as fleet vehicles.
A cook can not, and if he tries IRS will be there. Common man, it obviously depends on what kind of business you run. If you run a bookstore and try to do this IRS will be there.
Unless it's a car used to run your books to the shop . Then there's the whole 6,000+ pound SUV tax benefit. One of the many reasons why Range Rovers and Cayennes are so popular.