XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #23
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I will post the section it's in as scanning and posting from BMW manual would be infringement of some kind. there are pictures of it so will not be hard to find. Then again this option may not be available to you, if this doesn't get it you will have to visit your dealer.
Did look all over but cant find any..!
Maybe its because i only got pdc in the rear (not front) togheter with reverse camera..?
      08-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #24
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
well it's there in mine (was playing with it yesterday) and in the manual (will post page number when I get home tonight).

Perhaps someone that knows can ring in on difference between US models and models offered in other countries (wouldn't think there would be difference between diesel and non diesel models).

Do you have the premium sound package upgrade for $2000 or did you just order the standard stereo that comes with it?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #25
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

Quote:
I will post the section it's in as scanning and posting from BMW manual would be infringement of some kind. there are pictures of it so will not be hard to find. Then again this option may not be available to you, if this doesn't get it you will have to visit your dealer.
If you scan and post the page, referring to the BMW Manual for educational purposes, not will not be infringing anything..

Off course do not post the whole manual, although the page I posted from the X5 manual comes from what they call an online manual..

Couldn't find an X6 version so far...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #26
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post
Maybe its because i only got pdc in the rear (not front) togheter with reverse camera..?
Do not think they will give you a special edition of the manual since you have pdc in the back only
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #27
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Ok it's on page 81 of my US manual under the controls section.
But since you say you only have pdc in rear and not up front I guess cars sold outside US have different selection of options, in the US we don't get to pick and choose they way you do and somethings aren't ever offered here (and all the cars are built at the same plant, go figure).

I knew that there were some interior options that were only offered outside the US but figured the base car was the same.

At this point I think best thing would to go to the dealer, unless there is someone from EMEA that knows how X6's get configured for that market and can enlighten us.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #28
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Anyone can explain what is written there or scan the page ??
Not everyone lives in the US and since my manual is in another language, page 81 is about speed limits...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #29
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko View Post
Do not think they will give you a special edition of the manual since you have pdc in the back only
Hope not!
What a waste of money
      08-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #30
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
But since you say you only have pdc in rear and not up front I guess cars sold outside US have different selection of options, in the US we don't get to pick and choose they way you do and somethings aren't ever offered here (and all the cars are built at the same plant, go figure).

I knew that there were some interior options that were only offered outside the US but figured the base car was the same.

At this point I think best thing would to go to the dealer, unless there is someone from EMEA that knows how X6's get configured for that market and can enlighten us.
dmlgc,

Did you actually try to find this in your iDrive or just in the manual because if you notice there is an asterisk that states that the option is only available on single drive unit vehicles. Not sure what they mean by single drive units unless this means vehicles without navigation which the 50i comes standard. I checked my iDrive and the option is not there.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #31
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
dmlgc,

Did you actually try to find this in your iDrive or just in the manual because if you notice there is an asterisk that states that the option is only available on single drive unit vehicles. Not sure what they mean by single drive units unless this means vehicles without navigation which the 50i comes standard. I checked my iDrive and the option is not there.
Maybe they mean single DVD drive (as in the unit in the center dashboard) vs. DVD changer ?!?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #32
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko View Post
I do not have the Equalizer setting, although the invoice states HIFI (not the professional)

Amplifier is black, didn't see any specs on it.

Will check with another dealer this weekend..
Branko, if you count the individual speakers, how many do you have?

The HIFI Speaker system has a total of 12 speakers. The HIFI Professional System has a total of 16 speakers.

HiFi Professional System

Name:  X6 16 Speaker HD Surround Sound.jpg
Views: 4323
Size:  8.8 KB

Excellent sound reproduction is assured by the HiFi Professional System. You can enjoy your favourite music in superb fidelity, thanks to the powerful amplifier, sophisticated equaliser and high-performance speakers. The surround feature lets you simulate a range of different environments, so you can create precisely the audio mood that you want.

The high-quality components of this sound system transforms the cabin of your BMW into a concert hall. Specially-developed subwoofers with Carver technology guarantee rich, deep and remarkably lucid bass tones.
The Professional system delivers a greater output, producing crystal-clear sound up to 120 dB at 40 Hz. The influence of driving noise is smoothly compensated by the equaliser, which adjusts the sound according to the vehicle's speed.
The multi-directional speaker system distributes different frequency bands to different speakers, resulting in a crisply differentiated and accurate bass, mid-range and treble tones, and a three-dimensional, transparent sound reproduction, with compelling basses and brilliant trebles.
Wherever you're sitting, you'll enjoy realistic, balanced stereo, thanks to the precise alignment of the speakers. The equalizer lets you refine the sound output to suit your personal taste. The Hi-fi System Professional integrates seamlessly with the BMW Radio devices and meets all regulatory requirements for electromagnetic shielding.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #33
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Branko, if you count the individual speakers, how many do you have?

The HIFI Speaker system has a total of 12 speakers. The HIFI Professional System has a total of 16 speakers.

HiFi Professional System

Attachment 181489

Excellent sound reproduction is assured by the HiFi Professional System. You can enjoy your favourite music in superb fidelity, thanks to the powerful amplifier, sophisticated equaliser and high-performance speakers. The surround feature lets you simulate a range of different environments, so you can create precisely the audio mood that you want.

The high-quality components of this sound system transforms the cabin of your BMW into a concert hall. Specially-developed subwoofers with Carver technology guarantee rich, deep and remarkably lucid bass tones.
The Professional system delivers a greater output, producing crystal-clear sound up to 120 dB at 40 Hz. The influence of driving noise is smoothly compensated by the equaliser, which adjusts the sound according to the vehicle's speed.
The multi-directional speaker system distributes different frequency bands to different speakers, resulting in a crisply differentiated and accurate bass, mid-range and treble tones, and a three-dimensional, transparent sound reproduction, with compelling basses and brilliant trebles.
Wherever you're sitting, you'll enjoy realistic, balanced stereo, thanks to the precise alignment of the speakers. The equalizer lets you refine the sound output to suit your personal taste. The Hi-fi System Professional integrates seamlessly with the BMW Radio devices and meets all regulatory requirements for electromagnetic shielding.
Anyone know where the subwoofer(s) is place in the x6.
Im sure its not under the front seat in my X6 (comfort seats)...
Got the proffesional hifi with surround.
      09-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #34
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Anyone know where the subwoofer(s) is place in the x6.
Im sure its not under the front seat in my X6 (comfort seats)...
Got the proffesional hifi with surround.
Most BMWs with the HIFI system have the subwoofers mounted under the front seats. They use part of the hollow chassis space as the resonance body for the subwoofers. I belive they are 8" harman-kardon speakers.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #35
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Most BMWs with the HIFI system have the subwoofers mounted under the front seats. They use part of the hollow chassis space as the resonance body for the subwoofers. I belive they are 8" harman-kardon speakers.
Ok Thanks.
Should i be able to see them under there or are they hidden?
      09-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #36
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ok Thanks.
Should i be able to see them under there or are they hidden?
It's always hard to see under the front seats. You might be able to see them. You should be able to 'feel' them though. But be careful when you stick your hand under the seat. There are ALWAYS sharp edges around! You should be able to feel the speaker cover on the floor. The floor is usually a little raised under the seat where the subwoofers are located.

BTW, what was the thumbs down for?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 04:11 AM   #37
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
It's always hard to see under the front seats. You might be able to see them. You should be able to 'feel' them though. But be careful when you stick your hand under the seat. There are ALWAYS sharp edges around! You should be able to feel the speaker cover on the floor. The floor is usually a little raised under the seat where the subwoofers are located.

BTW, what was the thumbs down for?
Thanks you again!

Dont know where that thumb came from!
The only thumb i can give my X is...

Take care