XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
virjose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Saving climate settings?

Hey everyone,
I have noticed a difference in the MPGs on the X5D if I turn off the rear climate (it is usually just my wife and I). I go into the iDrive menu, under settings, then climate, and go to the rear climate settings. There I click for "turn rear climate off). I have done this with both of our keys. The issue is that sometimes when I think that the option has been saved and we do not touch anything else related to the climate, I go into the rear climate settings menu just to find that the turn off option is unchecked again. I have been having to check this every other time we get in the car and I assumed that once you check it for off, it should stay that way. Am I missing something? Thanks, I just want to have the rear climate off and have it stay off.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
raskal83
Private
Rep
Drives: E70

I also have a similar issue. This might relate back to why the A/C always turns on when the car is started.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Da M3nace
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Pet Peeve....How come even though I turn off the climate before turning off the engine I always get the cliamte ON when I come back to the car and start it up again? Why doesnt it stay off? The AC stays off if I turn it off but for whatevcer reason the climate will always come back on on next start at the same temp I had turned it off....

I have checked the manual up and down as well as gone through menu and can not find a way to disable this crazieness.
Appreciate 0