XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 ///M

Bushings are gone...

So it's time to replace my thrust rod and sway link bars.

Being that I'm getting suspension work done. Would be wise to to get the DINAN springs same time?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 03:49 AM   #2
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

That would be sweet! I've been wanting to grab a set of the DINAN springs, but dreading the installation and alignment...small drop, but if unable to get in spec I'd get annoyed. The springs are somewhere completely different from your thrust rods and links so the only reason I'd do it right away is if you intend to get an alignment right after...otherwise the labor shouldn't be beneficial except removing the wheel. You have to disconnect the upper control arm ball joint, lower strut mount, then pull all the engine bay plastics to reach the upper mount. This is an entirely different job from just replacing the thrust rods and links...both of which are easy to get to and quick to knock out.

If you need a "yes" to tell the wife, then explain that alignments are a must after replacing the thrust rods and since you're getting an alignment, you can save money by doing all of this at once.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
dpie
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post
So it's time to replace my thrust rod and sway link bars.

Being that I'm getting suspension work done. Would be wise to to get the DINAN springs same time?
If you do get the Dinan Springs, please post measurements! Can't find these anywhere and they would be very useful for those deciding whether or not to purchase (myself included). Would also like to see some pictures of how it looks after it has settled.
Appreciate 1