XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

08-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
John@BPC
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, M4, M5

Smile Bimmer Performance Center Diesel Packages Q&A

Hello All, just wanted to start a thread with a Q&A on our tune levels, the turn around process and the requirements for each level.

Quote:
Mail order tune vs Dyno tune
Mail order tunes are made to cover a vast variety of different mods, driver habits, climate conditions and the condition of the vehicle. With this said, the tune is on the conservative side vs a full dyno tune. And now Dyno tunes, since we have the car on our dyno with calibrated equipment, we can dial in the AFR, boost levels and injector timing to get the most out of your 335D and resulting in more power and torque.

Differences between stage I through stage IV

Stage I:
Built for vehicles with stock emissions equipment and want a minor bump in power & torque

Stage II:
For someone looking for more power over the stage I & have the option to disable the SCR, DPF & EGR emissions systems for off road use. With this tune we recommend upgrading the stock boost pipe.

Stage II+:
Same boost levels as the stage II tune, this software update is recommend if you remove the SCR filter from the exhaust system, allows us to run a richer air to fuel ratio with out worrying about clogging the filter.

Stage III:
This level is for drivers looking to do any type of power adder upgrades like meth injection, nitrous, & hybrid turbo upgrades. recommend upgrades: boost pipe, intercooler & exhaust. At this level, we can still do remote tuning since we have a huge database of tunes already built for these mods.

Stage IV: This is when you start adding power adders on top of power adders(hybrid turbos + meth, single turbo or turbo + NOS + meth) , the stage IV is a truly custom tune and is required to have the car in house.

Quote:
Water-Methanol Injection, which kit works best with BPC's tune?
Any! we have tuned almost all the major brands and as long as the kit is installed correctly we should be able to dial it in. We recommend to start with a 50/50 mix and a 500cc/min - 650cc/min nozzle and work your way up to 1000cc/min. Anything after that, we recommend to take the car to a dyno and check out your AFR and EGTs

Quote:
I just shipped my DDE, when will it be back?
We recommend to ship via UPS, they deliver to us early in the morning and gives us more time to get the DDE out the same day. Within the cost of the remote tunes, we include return shipping.

(east coast)
Monday - Thursday Next Day Air
Friday & Saturday Two Day

(west coast)
Monday - Thursday Two Day
Friday & Saturday Three Business Day

Quote:
I have deleted my DPF, EGR & SCR, what do I do with the DEF tank?
Ok, we are currently beta testing solutions with the stage II/+ tune that we have been selling for the past year. After weeks of research, the code in the tune is sound. So, what do you do to keep your car from going into count down mode and not being able to start?

There are three options,

1) Fill both tanks to the top with distilled water or DEF(urea) NOTE Urea does have a shelf life of two years, so it will need to be drained and replaced.

2) No need to remove fuses anymore with updated tune, when you order your tune, please let us know if you are removing the DEF/SCR system tank so we can disable the sensors.

Quote:
How long will my transmission last with a stage II tune?
This all depends on the current wear of the trans & driving habits. With all mods that increase power over OE specs, the wear on parts goes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
How easy is it to go back to stock for those who require smog every 2 years. Software speaking only.
If you need any minor adjustments or need to return the DDE back to factory software & then go back to the tuned DDE, all you have to do is pay for shipping. Another option is a cloned DDE with the stock file already flashed.

Updated 2/29/16

Quote:
What is the cost on install, downpipes, egr block offs or tunes
Please contact our performance service writer Randall, You can contact him by phone or via email: (919) 501-2090 or randall@bimmerperformancecenter.com

Quote:
What if I want to do a software EGR delete?
We are in the process of being able to disable the EGR and keeping it closed with only software and no deletes are needed. More info come soon

Quote:
I want to disable the Maf, Swirl flaps, wastegate and other DTC lights, can bpc do that?
Yes we can! its included in the cost of the stage II and up tunes. Just give us the BMW error code that you want to disable.

Quote:
Will my car pass state emissions after removing DPF and other equipment?
The tunes we sell that removes or disables ANY emissions equipment is sold as OFF ROAD USE ONLY. For more information on your state laws & proper use of aftermarket equipment or software, please visit http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?cont...sions&g=semaga

Updated 3/1/16

Quote:
If I have a BPC stage I or II tune, how much does it cost if I want to upgrade to the stage II+ or stage III
It depends, going from a stage I tune to any of the upper level tunes will have a charge, this is the same if you want to upgrade from a stage II/+ to a stage III or IV. Users with the stage II tune and want to upgrade to the stage II plus tune because you have deleted the SCR filter, we will upgrade at no cost if you are remote, just pay shipping. If you are local and want to get the tune upgraded, there is a labor fee for us to remove the DDE and reinstall the DDE, If requested, I will also do a before and after dyno pull at no charge.

Quote:
Does BPC offer anything else for the 335D other than tunes?
Yes! We have EGR block offs plates, custom made downpipes, & Hybrid turbo upgrades. We also offer Bohl Diesel Performance downpipes, suspension upgrades from turn14 and Complete AEM Meth kits for high performance Diesel applactions. BPC is also an official Bavsound dealer & installer.

We also do custom fabrication from a simple cold air intake to a full blown race car, Tire & Alignment services, CBU cleaning, engine & transmission rebuilds

Updated 3/4/16

Quote:
Will My MPG go up with your stage I or II tune?
From our customer feedback, we have seen anywhere from 3 - 6 mpg increase on the highway, but this also depends on the driving habits of the owner.

Updated 3/26/16

Quote:
I'm having issues starting the car after receiving my tuned DDE, what should I do?
We've had a few issues with customers installing the DDE connections incorrectly. What we are recommending if you have never reinstalled a DDE is before you ship the computer to us, please remove the DDE, then reinstall the computer and see if the car will start. This will eliminate improper installation as a reason why the car will not start.

Updated 7/12/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOwner View Post
Hey BPC, Where can i find pricing for your Diesel Performance Packages?
Check out our newly redesigned Diesel home page on our site! DIESEL HOME

You can find our packages below, including the full blown stage 4 for those of you who have no regard for tire longevity

BPC Diesel Home

HARDWARE UPGRADES

STAGE 1 TUNE

STAGE 2 Package

STAGE 2+ Package
STAGE 3+ Package

STAGE 4 Package

We’ve now taken the 335D platform to new heights, making more power and more instantaneous torque than you could dream of. Once you go for a ride in it… you WILL be hooked! Check out just a small selection of cars we’ve transformed;

PREVIOUS DIESEL BUILDS

If you guys have anymore questions, please pm or post in this thread and I will update, thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
NickTheStick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' X5d / 09' 335d

Probably better to move this in to the X5 section since there was no X6 diesel in the US.
Appreciate 0