XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 07:29 AM   #1211
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Some rumour that the announcement of Newey leaving could be today and he could be going quite quickly, separate rumour that he is going to Ferrari is less clear.
In 1996 when Williams won the championship in a Newey designed car...Newey asked for some shares in Williams (and a promotion) as a reward for his efforts.
Patrict and Frank refused. That and their treatment of Hill convinced Newey to leave for McLaren.

Imagine instead they had given Newey shares in Williams and he had stayed with them...the F1 landscape would be quite different today.

I think a move to Ferrari makes most sense for Newey. If nothing else..Bringing success to Ferrari elevates you to near god like status in Italy.
Appreciate 4
MontyB11396.50
NYG10806.50
      Today, 09:47 AM   #1212
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Also May 17-19. If Verstappen participates with his Team Redline, it'll be double shifts again for him: competing in the real world of F1 + competing in the virtual world of sim racing at top level.

Operating at top level in parallel dimensions: no other F1 driver can hold a candle against him in combining such a double life, being successful in both worlds. Nuts.
yeah i hope so, me and my friends who are up in the iratings usually compete in the 24hr of nur on iRacing each year.. so I'm looking forward to it again for my 3rd time!
Appreciate 1
NYG10806.50