BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #23
AWAirFlow
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzheng115 View Post
To be honest, me too. EAS is the closest to my house but I would rather spend the extra gas money and get better care for my car.
I'm moving to OC soon, is there anyone you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #24
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92 X6M F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWAirFlow View Post
I'm moving to OC soon, is there anyone you recommend?
Honestly, I would suggest paying for the extra gas and driving all the way to Race Precision Motorsports in Van Nuys, CA. It is about an hour from OC depending where you live in the OC. The extra miles is worth the extra care and effort they put into your car. If you go there ask for Toby, the guy really knows how to dial in the car and also help you out with your goals on what you want to do with the car. They won't over charge you for labor and will let you watch and chill in the garage so you can also learn and see how they exactly work on your car.

TE37SL Black Edition, Akrapovic GT4 Titanium Exhaust, BPM Stage-II, Exotics Tuning CF Lip & Side Skirts, BMW Performance Spoiler, Macht-Schnell pulleys, wheel spacers, stage 2 intake, JRZ RS Two Coilovers, LUX V5 Adjustable Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #25
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
still retained the cats? sounds good.
Sorry for the late response. No, with the Macht-Schnell Race exhaust, I am running no cats.

TE37SL Black Edition, Akrapovic GT4 Titanium Exhaust, BPM Stage-II, Exotics Tuning CF Lip & Side Skirts, BMW Performance Spoiler, Macht-Schnell pulleys, wheel spacers, stage 2 intake, JRZ RS Two Coilovers, LUX V5 Adjustable Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #26
Girl Stig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzheng115 View Post
Thanks! Still thinking about whether or not to get them yet. Kind of pricey but I know it will look real nice. Still thinking about getting KW V3 kit and also Brembo Big Brake Kit.

I know there so worth it though, completely changes how the front end looks Looking forward to seeing a brembo kit on that thing. I'm looking for suspension too but kind of confused between KW and Ohlins

2008 E92 M3 Coupe | DCT | AW | Black Novillo | Carbon Leather
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #27
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

**Update (12/4/14)** After a month of back and forth on whether or not to get the Akrapovic Evolution Titanium exhaust, I finally purchased and installed it on Monday. The sound is very distinct and I am sure that people who know Akra will know the sound immediately once hearing it. The noise it makes is just incredible and you actually feel the power increase. At first I was not used to the drone of the Akra but after driving around for a few days I got used to it and love it even more. I got it installed at Race Precision Motorsports and I appreciate all the help and care they gave me.

I also purchased LUX V4 lights on Thanksgiving. The day after I purchased them, LUX sent a email out saying they just released LUX V5 angel eyes and I was like damn. I received the package on Monday which surprised me because I was going to call LUX to ask if I could do an exchange for the V5. When I opened the package, they had sent me the V5. I was surprised that they would just send out the V5 even though I ordered V4. Really appreciate it and I got to give them a big thanks for that. The lights have been perfect and just look awesome on the car. It was very very easy to install and the adjustability is very simple too.

Will post photos and videos soon.

Also selling Macht-Schnell catless race pipe. Used for only 3000 miles. $750 or OBO.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #28
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

**Update (08/18/15)** Since my last post, I have installed several parts and replaced several others.

The biggest thing I've changed so far was installing the JRZ RS TWO Touring coilovers and KW EDC delete. I had them installed and dialed in at DMK Motorsports in Rowland Heights. I had Swift Sport Springs prior to switching over to the JRZ. Compared to Swift Springs, the JRZ are much stiffer but more responsive. I am still trying to figure out what is the best performance/comfort ratio for me. I tweaked the front to be a bit more stiffer and the rear a bit softer. I never expected coil overs to make such a difference especially considering the fact that these are not like KW Clubsports or JRZ Pro line. For daily these are way more then enough in my opinion. The car was already balanced when I had the Swift Springs on, but the JRZ has actually made a substantial difference in feel through the corners and in my opinion builds a bit more confidence. I plan on taking it to a few track days in the next month or so to get a better feel of the JRZ system and also to better my driving skill. Any body have any personal advice as to how to adjust and set up the car for Buttonwillow?

I also purchased a Exotics Tuning Front Aero Cooling lip and side skirts. The fitment for the lip is not great and actually requires a lot of cutting and sort of bending just to get it to fit. But even after all that work, it isn't sitting flush with the bumper. The dry carbon look is really clean and it is very durable and strong compared to the old Arkym lip I had. The style of the lip is pretty aggressive which I liked a lot. The side skirts fit really well and don't sit too low that you scrape them. Install was fairly tedious due to the fact that you have to first remove your OEM side skirt and drill holes into and attach the side skirt and then reattach it. Over all I feel like it completes the look of the car.

I have also switched out my Akrapovic Evo mid-pipe for the Akrapovic GT4 catless/unressonated mid-pipe. The noise it produces is just amazing especially the down shifts. There is a bit of raspiness between 2k-3k rpm in about 2-4 gear but that if you just push it past those rpms it is just a symphony. I prefer this exhaust because at least in my opinion, there is an actual sound from the exhaust unlike IPE or Army Trix where it just sounds like a bunch of noise. The GT4 is substantially louder than the EVO but not over bearing.

Overall, I absolutely love this car and with all the modifications done to it. Sounds great, still retains decent drivability as a daily and yet still has the performance aspect of it.

-JJ

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 11:16 PM   #29
Phiberoptik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Post some new pictures!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 06:42 AM   #30
NashvegasR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F83

So what do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Never understand why people choose to opt to pay those exorbitant prices for a DCT flash. But to each his own, enjoy!

So what do you suggest in lieu of paying for the DCT flash ? Is there a cheaper / less expensive way?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #31
steven_s
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

alex@alpine who's a sponsor here. I did it remotely through him. Super patient. Same GTS flash for DCT and not over priced at all.
Appreciate 0