XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Canadian specs

The 50i has the following differences from the 35i:
Bigger engine (doh)
Numerically lower final drive ratio
Bigger battery
Slightly worse drag coefficient
Bigger front brakes
Different wheels
Different colour grille
The following items are options on the 35i, standard on the 50i:
Self leveling rear suspension
Auto dimming/folding exterior mirrors
Auto dimming interior mirror w/compass
Homelink
NAV
Ashwood trim
Ventilated seats with perforated leather are an option on just the 50i.

No word on the full leather package.
You can still only order headlight washers as part of the silly Activity Package. Dumb.

The standard/optional equipment above may be different in your market if you are not in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

…that’s an interesting point… the increased drag value might mean the 50i has both lower intakes open. On a non-sport 35i, both are closed (with a solid plastic plate that holds the fog light with molded-in lattice) – on the 35i with sport package, an oil cooler is present and therefore makes one side open / active. So for the drag to go up even more, I assume both ports are actually active vents on the 50i.

I wish so much we could get some information on the leather dash… its very frustrating to see it in all the auto-show cars and the brochures and not be able to verify you can get it on the car!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Personally, I HATE headlight washers. It was standard on my E46 M3 and every time I sprayed the windshield (and the headlights were on), it would spray the headlights.

It sounds nice, until you come out of the car later and notice that the wind from driving drags all the dirty water all over the car leaving black streaks along your otherwise clean car from the headlights to the back of the car.

As a result, I would turn off my headlights before spraying my windshield. Lame.

At least with my Porsche 911 Turbo, I can choose whether or not I want to spray the headlights. And till this day, I still haven't used them! LOL

- KJ
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Personally, I HATE headlight washers. KJ
That's why they are an option. I have had them on the last three BMWs I have owned; on night-time drives in slush and snow out here in the country where I live I wouldn't be without them. I would prefer to have direct control over them rather than have them operate automatically the way they do.

Anyway, my point was that it seems dumb to offer them only in a package with running boards and ski bag.

Different topic: The latest bulletin from BMW Canada says 50i production is scheduled to begin in July with tentative delivery to dealers starting in August.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
psychobabble
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

bmw.ca configurator finally online for X6 and M3.
Appreciate 0