XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Surprise "X" Model To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show???

I was not sure where to post this item. The pic's are of a billboard that is owned and controlled by BMW. It is located along Interstate 85 ( the Main Road that the South Carolina Plant fronts). The billboard rotates messages...the last was something about the "All New X3 built right here in SC"...or pushing the local Charity Golf Tournament BMW sponsors in the Upstate Area. Within the last day or two this message pops up apparently ( I think) teasing a car. This billboard ( nor any other for that matter) has ever teased a vehicle since I've been poking around the area. The tease could be for hitting the Plants production goal...see this link BMW builds record number of vehicles in 2011 | The Greenville News | GreenvilleOnline.com. But the Volume numbers were a Front Page Article in the local paper a couple of days ago. Is this a tease for a surprise reveal at the Detroit Auto Show....not sure. X4,X6 M 50d ??? Whatever is under the cover looks out of scale (maybe intended) ,i.e..width between front wheels,something behind the rims on the tires??? Could be nothing...I've just never seen a car teased in this manner since I've been shooting pic's around the plant. Interesting to say the least??!! Thanks. PalBay
Attached Images

01-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Interesting. Seems like some kind of SUV/SAV. Keep an eye on it for any changes.
      01-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

def looks like an sav - but could be an x3 advertising the production numbers, like you were saying