12-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #23
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep
Drives: SOLD: 2002 BMW M3, 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
Incorrect. The car did count for this month. The papers are all signed and its as if the car is at my house when it really isn't. so Dealer - 1 Me - 0

#losing
Did you see a registration tag issued? That's is the only way the sale will count, signing paperwork is completely meaningless unless there is an ROS issued.

I mean in all my years, we never do paperwork untill the car is here, the cutomer comes in, drives it, touches it, smells it and touch it some more. Then he or she will sign the paperwork
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #24
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
Did you see a registration tag issued? That's is the only way the sale will count, signing paperwork is completely meaningless unless there is an ROS issued.

I mean in all my years, we never do paperwork untill the car is here, the cutomer comes in, drives it, touches it, smells it and touch it some more. Then he or she will sign the paperwork
Okay, so when does a CA get credit for an ED or PCD?

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #25
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
Getting a better deal is not being a mooch....mooching is to obtain something without paying for it...are you telling us you never comparison shop for anything?
I do comparison shopping, like when I wanted to buy an home theater amp. I walked into Century Stereo and looked for an amp. The sales rep took 2 hours to have me listen to different amps. I told him I will come back to him.
I did find the amp I wanted on line for $250 less. I told him if he will match the price. He said they can't since the on-line place is not an authorized retailer. So I gave him the business and paid $250 more.

And now if I have questions, I can call him and he will send me info via e-mail or walk me through it. So I got service with that $250.

Service really comes in AFTER you give your business. My clients have my cell and e-mail and they can contact me anytime. Hell I have gone to people's homes to pair the Universal Garage Door Opener more than 20 times in the last few years.

I don't know, there is no loyalty left in the world. I have been going to the same dry cleaner for 8 years. There is one across the street from me but I drive 4 miles to go here instead.

Anyways..

Last edited by Beemer22; 12-01-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #26
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Okay, so when does a CA get credit for an ED or PCD?
When the ROS (Report of Sale) is issued. That's when it's reported to DMV as sold. You know that temporary tag they put on your front window? Once you see that, it's officially sold
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #27
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Quote:

There was the motor vehicle sticker and thats all i saw but trust me it counts as a sale for this month. thats what they pushed me to sign the papers for. it was put in their "system" through the VIN number so they could print all the paper work. I am 100% sure its a November sale.

Their main objective was getting the sale this month, otherwise I would not have been rushed to go in there.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #28
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
When the ROS (Report of Sale) is issued. That's when it's reported to DMV as sold. You know that temporary tag they put on your front window? Once you see that, it's officially sold
So you're saying a CA doesn't get credit for an ED sale until the car is registered in the US? FYI, not every stated uses a temporary tag on windows.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #29
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Quote:
So you're saying a CA doesn't get credit for an ED sale until the car is registered in the US? FYI, not every stated uses a temporary tag on windows.
Ok, well I was talking about Ca. Correct, he won't get credit until the car come in to the dealer and ROS is issued.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #30
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
This whole situation the more and more I think about it is extremely annoying. So I did my CA and the dealer a FAVOR of signing papers PRIOR to my car even being at the dealer so they could get the deal for this month like they wanted. (This is something I am not even sure is LEGAL being the car was not in stock and they made lease papers for it.)

So after all is signed and I left i was told the car would be there today 11/30 OR tomorrow 12/01.

Today I get a call telling me there is some bad news and there was a scratch or some damage on the bumper of my 1M and that they were not going to fix it for me but rather order me a whole new bumper. This while the car is still at the port.

So my CA tells me he is very sorry and that they will make up for this by reimbursing me with a $150.00 check from the BMW dealer itself for the inconvenience of me already starting to pay for a which I wont have for a few days, and then was told that i should be able to pick up the car monday 12/5 or tuesday 12/6 (which i highly doubt).

So I said ok on the phone being there really was not much more I could say or do. About 30 minutes later I receive a phone call from my CA again telling me that the general manager or who ever is in charge rejected to pay those $150.00, but that the CA himself was going to take that out of his pocket and give me a 150.00 credit towards BMW parts. (Which is generous on his part imo) but that still does not cover the arrogance of the GM of the dealer which said that i deserve no credit of $150.00 being I am lucky i even bought the car at sticker price. (that is what i was told by my CA regarding why the GM rejected to pay the $150.00)

What would you do at this point in my shoes?

Regards,
dean_g

This stuff happens every once in a while. It really is no big deal at all.

Congratulations on getting a 1M this late in the game. Just be happy you have one.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #31
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

You deserve an oem car cover and oem floor mats with orange stitching .

Last edited by LOVEM; 12-02-2011 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #32
mrow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, well I was talking about Ca. Correct, he won't get credit until the car come in to the dealer and ROS is issued.
So then the car could be registered with just him signing the papers. I live in Delaware and did PCD on my 128i. I signed for my car and was given a temp tag two weeks before the PCD to bring down to SC with me. I didn't go back to the dealer until about 2 months after I picked it up so clearly once the paper was signed my their part was done or my CA would have been bugging me to come back for some reason.

I don't mean to be an asshole but you don't seem to know what you're talking about anywhere outside California.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #33
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ASPP 135i Cab, E90 M3, M235i

Quote:
The dealer is not responsible for damages thousands of miles away. They are responsible for telling you about the damage, which they did.

I like how people always trash the dealer, then they come in, take 5 hours of your time, and go buy somewhere else to save $140
My oh my have I (like you) been that CA!!! However not all dealers are created equal and I have had the pleasure of working at 3 great dealerships - 1 in the UK and 2 here in Canada. I also know of some 'not so good' ones and it does seem in this case that customer interaction (in terms of the GM's alleged comments on the $150.00) is pretty lame. They must sell alot of cars at serious gross profit to be that slack with customer service - perceved or otherwise....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #34
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay-Z M3 View Post
My oh my have I (like you) been that CA!!! However not all dealers are created equal and I have had the pleasure of working at 3 great dealerships - 1 in the UK and 2 here in Canada. I also know of some 'not so good' ones and it does seem in this case that customer interaction (in terms of the GM's alleged comments on the $150.00) is pretty lame. They must sell alot of cars at serious gross profit to be that slack with customer service - perceved or otherwise....
I agree, if it was me, I would get him the 1M mats and the 1M car cover.
Appreciate 0