XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

03-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Vince7tt
Rep
Drives: M3

BMW OEM Rear-mounted Bike Carrier E70/E71 Hardly Used MINT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
This bike carrier is OEM, made by BMW. I bought it for my X6, brand new from my local BMW dealership in Austin in October 2012 for $600. I still have the receipt, which you can have for warranty reasons. I only used it ONCE on a 3-day trip! My car got totaled last month, and I'm not planning on getting another X6 replacement, so I'm selling it now.

The condition is like brand new MINT!! No damages, no dents, and not even dirt! I kept it in great clean condition since my purchase. I cleaned it again after use. It is in full working order. Folds up nicely for storage. Easy to install by yourself (10-15mins and you're up and running) - it fits directly on to the rear bumper, so no drilling or modification needed. Got many compliments from my bicycle friends, who were really impressed, and looks totally professional on the X6. I have all the original paper work, instructions, and all the original fittings, and tools to install the carrier.

The carrier is designed for all X5 and X6 SAV models (E70/ E71). It is suitable for carrying up to two bicycles, and if needed, you can buy an extension set from BMW, which allows you to carry a third bike. The rear mounted carrier is fitted with special anti-theft bolts and lockable bicycle holders (2 keys provided). Best of all, the trailer tow hitch can still be used and the tailgate opened even when the rear-mounted carrier is fitted! It is a truly well considered, and well designed product. I always thought the MSRP of this carrier is a bit too steep, but my lost is now your gain. A well looked after and used BMW bike carrier is very hard to come by!!

I prefer local pickup only, since the carrier will very lightly get damaged during shipping. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it.

Thank you!

Attached Images

Last edited by Vince7tt; 03-27-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
sarends
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5

I have one of these - it is excellent quality and works flawlessly - highly recommended!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Vince7tt
Rep

Thank you for the positive comment. Totally agree with you! Honestly, it's one of the best bike carriers I've ever seen and used today.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
mukoh
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0 2009

Does it allow for the trunk to open with it on? Obviously without the bikes on
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
Vince7tt
Rep

Mukoh - yes. When I said well considered and well designed, I wasn't kidding. You can open and close your trunk both with and without bikes on. It's nice. I can't explain how cool it is until you see it in action yourself. It impressed all my friends . Mind you, the reversing parking sensors don't work with the carrier on, obviously.
Appreciate 0