XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
jouzef2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i

Can I install X6M Exhaust System on X6 5.0 ?

Referring to the question in the topic ..

Can i do it without any problem?

How much the X6M Exhaust System cost?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
eg3
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouzef2 View Post
Referring to the question in the topic ..

Can i do it without any problem?

How much the X6M Exhaust System cost?

Thanks
I believe the X6M exhaust tip exits on the bumper are a bit different than the 50, you might have to get the tips adjusted by cutting the tips at the muffler connection and weld them back. Plus, it'll both be very expensive and you'll need a n X6M VIN to order the part. I think you're better off with an aftermarket muffler. Supersprint & Remus currently offer aftermarket exhausts and both are excellent brands. If you're interested, take a look at the for sale section, I have a brand new Remus muffler with quad tips.

Ege
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
jouzef2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg3 View Post
I believe the X6M exhaust tip exits on the bumper are a bit different than the 50, you might have to get the tips adjusted by cutting the tips at the muffler connection and weld them back. Plus, it'll both be very expensive and you'll need a n X6M VIN to order the part. I think you're better off with an aftermarket muffler. Supersprint & Remus currently offer aftermarket exhausts and both are excellent brands. If you're interested, take a look at the for sale section, I have a brand new Remus muffler with quad tips.

Ege
Thanks for the reply Ege,

yeah I'm looking to change the whole kit to X6M also the Exhaust System ,
& for the brand , it doesn't matter , I will look for a cheap & better quality than the M exhaust system.
I will take a look on the aftermarket u give me . & i will ques u if something are not clear

I read a previous post for you that it's better to change the pipes directly after the turbos , it'll be better & gives more HP , am i right ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #4
jouzef2
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone had tried GTHAUS exhaust system on x6 ?

the sound is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmRgUXPjdaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQXTluJR7pY
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 03:41 AM   #5
eg3
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouzef2 View Post
I read a previous post for you that it's better to change the pipes directly after the turbos , it'll be better & gives more HP , am i right ?

Thanks
The pipes after the turbos are called down pipes but currently there isn't any aftermarket replacement for those, esp on the 50. Maybe you can modify the 335i down pipes to fit the X6 35i but for the 50, it's a very different system. Plus, you might get emission issues if you have any in Kuwait.

I suggest that you change the rear muffler & tips with an aftermarket one and replace the center resonator with an aftermarket resonator from Magnaflow, Borla etc..
Appreciate 0