XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Disabling PDC

Does anyone know if you can disable PDC or pull a fuse so it does not automatically come on every time I reverse. The beeping is starting to get annoying at times.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Does anyone know if you can disable PDC or pull a fuse so it does not automatically come on every time I reverse. The beeping is starting to get annoying at times.
Not entirely sure if you can disable it altogether, one thing you can do is bring the volume to it's lowest setting. But I do think there might be a setting in the iDrive to disable this. It might be only be for the display though and NOT for the tones. Have you tried pressing the PDC button to turn it off (LED on PDC should be off). This may also turn off the camera though and I'm not sure if you are just trying to turn the tones off but keep the camera going?!?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Not entirely sure if you can disable it altogether, one thing you can do is bring the volume to it's lowest setting. But I do think there might be a setting in the iDrive to disable this. It might be only be for the display though and NOT for the tones. Have you tried pressing the PDC button to turn it off (LED on PDC should be off). This may also turn off the camera though and I'm not sure if you are just trying to turn the tones off but keep the camera going?!?
You can't turn down the volume and it is always a constant volume if you have the Premium Sound Package in the US as there is no gong setting in my iDrive menu.

I am guessing that maybe there is a fuse that can be pulled for this but it may be tied to other things as well. Have not had a chance to research this yet
Appreciate 0